Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Abilify

Posted by cj 
cj
Abilify
January 05, 2013 06:26PM
I new here so here we go. I am married to the most wonderful woman in the world. We have been together for 25 yrs and married for 20. She is 41 yrs old and was tested in June of last year with a CAG repeat of 43. I have been around long enough and went through this with her father that not much catches me off guard. We went through the first few months after the diagnosis and she became alot less motivated(me too) about pretty much everything, which I expected. About a month ago, her neurologist prescribed her Abilify. She is like her old self again. She has her creative side back and doesnt sleep nearly as much. It has been the best month for her I can remember in a long time. Has anyone had these results with Abilify?
Re: Abilify
January 05, 2013 10:01PM
Not really my husband has been taking it after a mell down he had last year and he has not come back to himself, it does help him to control him and he is mellow but so sad to say it he is not himself, I am glad it works for you tho, my husband is 47 and was diagnosis two years ago, his problem was that he was seeing people and abilify help him to control that .
cj
January 07, 2013 10:31PM
Thanks wallttce, just praying it gives us some time to enjoy life a little. Will be praying for you.
January 20, 2013 08:53AM
Abilify was a Godsend to dh Terry. He's been on it for about 2 yrs now (I think). He began to have problems with anger, grimacing, speech problems and had just begun to have tremors in his hands. Abilify took care of all of that. We're both very pleased with this medication. Any progression of symptoms has been minimal and we haven't had to increase his dosage. He's on 10mgs. I'm glad to hear you've had good results as well.

Audrey
cj
January 22, 2013 09:59PM
Thanks Audrey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login