Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

New to the site

Posted by marnagay 
New to the site
January 02, 2013 01:34PM
Hello! My name is Chrystal (nick name Marnagay). My ex-husband has HD and my oldest daughter has HD and lives with me (I'm her primary care- giver). My other daughter doesn't have the gene and my son (turning 30 this year) is at risk along with my three grandaughters ( my eldest daughter's girls).

I'm not good with technology... I have read many articles posted on this site over the past couple of years and just learning how to use this forum... Wishing everyone a happy new year and look forward to getting to know everyone on here!
eve
Re: New to the site
January 02, 2013 05:07PM
Hi Chrystal! Glad to meet you. Sorry to hear about your daughter and the at risk status of others in your family. My son is at risk. I think there will be a lot of wisdom and support here for you. Did you know you can click on the search button for certain topics? Also I thinkyou can still go back and read older posts (Marsha and Steve manage this site and put a lot of wonder knowledge and work into it...they just re-did things and updated). Anyway, the older posts can be kind of interesting and educational too.
January 02, 2013 07:16PM
Welcome Chrystal. I have found this to be a very warm and welcoming environment. I can't add much more than Eve. You are within a wonderful community. Whether you choose to read post, research or ask questions there are many people here for support. I'm sorry your daughter and other family members have this in their lives but that's why we are here.
Mike
January 02, 2013 08:18PM
Hey Chrystal. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome
January 03, 2013 11:05AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login