Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

YouTube Video - Kim Lile

Posted by SteveI 
YouTube Video - Kim Lile
December 29, 2012 12:26PM
Here is an excellent video about Kim Lile's journey with Huntington disease.

I removed the YouTube link to Kim Lile's video.

I hope everyone enjoyed the preview. Apparently it's the intent of BlackCat production to use the proceeds to pay for Kim's care when it is eventually needed. I hope that works out for them.

Cheers.
Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2013 02:10PM by SteveI.
Re: YouTube Video - Kim Lile
December 29, 2012 10:19PM
Yes, that is excellent. It would be nice to know if she's a member of our community. I regret not seeing and knowing all of us here.
Mike
December 30, 2012 09:38AM
I don't believe that she is a member of this message board.
December 31, 2012 01:52AM
Hello, I watched the movie and was thoroughly impressed. I sent her an email and I was replied by a member of the team. they wanted to know were I get the link. Steve, is it alright if I point her towards this phorum?
December 31, 2012 06:36AM
Go right ahead Katinka.
December 31, 2012 03:11PM
Perhaps it was not ready for public viewing. The video does say for preview only....maybe they want to figure out how the link was shared.
At any rate, thanks Kim! Wonderful production!

Patty
December 31, 2012 10:03PM
Great movie good information too.
January 01, 2013 01:53PM
Now they think we uploaded the movie and would like us to take it down. We didn't so we can't. If anyone has information about this please email me.
January 01, 2013 03:02PM
Although the documentary about Kim isn't yet officially available the Web site where it will eventually be available is:

[www.amindinquicksand.com]

Steve
January 02, 2013 04:23AM
I hope I don't have caused any inconvenience by bringing it to their attention. If so I do apologize.
Happy 2013!
January 02, 2013 08:29AM
That was not an inconvenience. I believe that was helpful to all involved.

Thanks,
Steve
January 02, 2013 08:44AM
OKI agree
Thanks for letting me know!
January 18, 2013 07:37PM
January 22, 2013 11:07AM
I've had an email from Sharon Zurek about the film:

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for your email. Sadly our film was illegally uploaded to the internet and has caused us a financial setback. We are currently distributing to the educational market and renting to non-profit organizations for fundraising screenings for May 2013 as part of Huntington's Disease Awareness month. If you or your organization would like to coordinate a screening in your area, please let me know and I will send you information. In the meanwhile, please check our website in the next two weeks as it is being updated.

Thanks again for your kind words. It has been a very emotional and challenging project over the last 5 years but can't compare to what families go through with this terrible disease over generations.

Take care,
Sharon

Sharon Zurek
Black Cat Productions
773-410-3760 cell
www.amindinquicksand.com
January 27, 2013 09:59AM
It's unfortunate that Sharon feels they have suffered a financial setback due to the video being uploaded and somehow finding it's target audience. Hey Sharon, how about considering it some free market research? Your video was viewed by some families and peropl affected by HD. The feedback as I saw it was overwhelmingly positive.

Having seen it through the link here, I would be more likely to recommend it to our HD support group for general viewing than if I had just read about it somewhere.

Where is the financial setback in free advertising?
Patty

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Or better yet, a nice chicken piccata!
January 27, 2013 10:40AM
I've noticed that people on the internet are being a little hard on Sharon. As I understand it, she advanced some of her own money to get the film done. She has a right to get it back. It is very hard to get these kinds of films done and some in progress are unfinished as a result of lack of funds. If the documentary remained on You Tube, that would diminish the chance of getting the film on PBS or some other venue where people beyond the HD community would see it. Are we really the target audience? There is nothing in that film that surprises me - the symptoms, the family problems, the tragedy of the disease affecting a creative and dynamic person at the peak of her knowledge and skills, etc. I would like the film to be seen by people outside of our community to increase awareness that would help with our advocacy efforts and research funding.
January 27, 2013 11:44AM
good point Marsha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login