Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

House Cleaning

Posted by SteveI 
House Cleaning
December 24, 2012 10:03PM
Hi everyone. I was going to clean up our membership database to get rid of those who have registered but used that registration to log on to a forum.

From looking at these members I can see that the vast majority of them are spammers that have registered but not followed up with spam. (Scratching my head on that one.)

But it it appears that there are a lot of people who have gone through the effort to successfully register but not only have never posted but have not logged in.

I can understand registering but not posting (by doing that the system can keep track for you of what posts you've read). However, I'm not sure why you wouldn't follow up by at least logging on.

So sometime over the next week I'll be purging all users who have not logged on since I can't easily distinguish between valid users and spammers.

So if you are a valid user or a spammer who wants to hang on to their registration you will need to log on at least once to this forum. Unless something happens I will go ahead and delete the unused accounts sometime this coming Friday.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Steve
Coffee and computer
Re: House Cleaning
December 25, 2012 04:23PM
Thanks, I am new so I will be more reading than posting.
December 25, 2012 04:42PM
I always read but hardly ever post. Thanks
December 25, 2012 06:58PM
Read only is good. I've gone for months without posting myself. On the flip side we've had several members who have over thousands of posts - and I'm not exaggerating.

If you've never logged on then please do. You don't need to post. That just helps me to know that a real person is on the other side of that registration.

Thanks so much.

Steve
spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: House Cleaning
December 25, 2012 07:40PM
Fish smiley HELLO I AM SOMEWHAT NEW TO THIS SITE SINCE IT SEEMS THAT WHEN I FIRST SIGNED UP AFTER THE FIRST DAY IT WOULDN'T LET ME LOG IN....SAYING THAT THE USER ID OR PW IS NOT RECOGNIZED...BUT SINCE THIS AM I HAVE NOT LOGGED OUT..SO YES I AM REAL,LOL..THANK YOU
December 25, 2012 08:19PM
wow stevei............ your doing house cleaning?......reallly?..... thank you so much!..... what a great gift...... can you do my windows too?

I'm your cheerleader The wave I'm your cheerleader
December 25, 2012 09:10PM
Steve and Marsha. Thanks so much for the time you put into this for all of us. It is the best gift this Christmas.
Mike
December 26, 2012 07:49AM
Still here. I find my logging comes and goes in waves. I was hoping4acure, but my email had changed.... so there is one you can remove.
Patty
December 26, 2012 12:10PM
I have my page bookmarked so I am (almost) always logged on.
December 26, 2012 01:58PM
I think I am really me and not just a cheap spammers imitation but perhaps I better check again.lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2012 01:59PM by Kelly B.
rj
December 27, 2012 09:31AM
I still read when I can
January 11, 2013 02:11PM
The new site looks great!! Nice job as usual!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login