Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Empty feeling I just miss him so Much!

Posted by teeteedeck 
Empty feeling I just miss him so Much!
December 01, 2012 11:01PM
Oct 6, 2012 12:10pm I will always remember the date and time my husband decided to be with the lord and stop fighting huntingtons. It has been so hard to talk about losing him. I miss him so much, and being a single mother of two daughters and one that has jhd. I moved two weeks after he passed back with my mother. I have no clue what to do with my life i devoted all my time to my Husband with trials, and caring for him i feel so empty and lost. I got my daughters on schedule, but for myself i feel so lost without my husband keeping my spirits up. I looked up to him he was so strong and never let me down for one second he fought with ever will he had in his body against this disease. It has taken me almost two months to finally talk to my friends. I hear my friends saying you are so strong, and so devoted i never see you breakdown. I feel like I have no purpose in this world anymore with out him. I feel like I am looking up in a bottomless pit trying to see daylight. I have no clue what to do anymore I hope someone out there knows how i feel. I lost my soulmate and it's hard to function without him in my life, but everyday I wake up and keep moving hoping i will see a light at the end of the tunnel. My Husband died at the age of 35 and my daughters and I celebrated his birthday on the Nov 24 in disneyland, because he had a wonderful life with us on this earth. But i miss him so much and i feel so hopeless without him. Just wanted to get this off my chest, I haven't been able to talk to anyone my family avoids discussion of his passing thinking it will tear me apart.
Re: Empty feeling I just miss him so Much!
December 02, 2012 08:57AM
I'm sorry for your loss.
December 02, 2012 11:55AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
love,
Paula
December 02, 2012 12:02PM
I am sorry for your families loss. Although you have lost your husband and the children their Father, his memory is still obviously alive in you. The one thing that really sticks out to me in your post is that you feel you have no purpose in life without him. I beg to differ with you. You have two children with your blood and his coursing through them. I don't know either of you but if I was a betting man I'd say your husband would tell you differently that you do have a purpose and he is still very much with you and the children. Your children need you and you need them and your friends and family as well. The village around you will help you heal and in time you will make little steps in that direction. They may not come as fast or when you feel you need them most but they will be somewhere on the horizon. Personally I think what you are feeling would be considered normal under the circumstances.

We're here to support you as well.

Mike
December 02, 2012 10:01PM
I am truly so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you had a very loving relationship with your husband. It must be so difficult to have lost your soul mate. I've been in a deep dark hole before and what has helped me is to talked about my feelings. Don't be afraid to express those feelings of sadness, anger, confusion etc. You do have purpose in this life. You're a mom and your beautiful daughters need you. Tho everything seems dark right now I will pray that you will see some light soon.
December 03, 2012 11:54AM
So very sorry for your loss. Hold your babies close.

Carla
December 03, 2012 05:53PM
Your missing your husband makes me cry; yet I still can't even imagine how sad you are.
You feel you do not have a purpose in life, and I can see that losing your soulmate so soon, so young, how it may feel that way...but you have two children by him, and YOU are the MAIN purpose in your kids' lives! Let them be your purpose now, and trust that your husband's memory can always be seen through their eyes, and hearts.
Take care of you so you can take care of them?
December 04, 2012 09:21PM
so sorry for your loss, I do feel your pain, even tho my husband stil with me I love him so much, he dont talk much anymore but he still around I really can not imagine life without him I have been married for twenty four wonderful years and I hope god keep him with me for a long time.
December 05, 2012 02:11PM
I've been incrediby touch by such expression of loss on this sight lately. I guess through it all, we will have our families and loved ones with us in a very special way. I'm sorry for you and your children and think you gave your husband a great life.
December 06, 2012 09:22PM
You have your daughters, and they need you as much as he did. Live for them, and make sure they are well taken care of. He wouldn't want you to be so down.

It will always hurt, but it won't hurt as much as time goes on.
December 08, 2012 02:57AM
So so sorry for your loss, great that you have the children. I want to say about the same things everyone else has said to you. Your hubby was very blessed to have a wife like you and even more blessed to leave his children in the capable, loving hands of a woman like you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login