Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Testing

Posted by ihavelove7 
Testing
November 28, 2012 05:47AM
Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read this.
This is only my second time posting. I have my first appt. on December 14th to get tested and I don't have too many people to talk to. I have my boyfriend but he has not ever experienced HD or lived with it. I have not told my family I am getting tested except for my mom.
I am 31 years old and have 4 kids I worry about every single day. I have chosen to get tested for a couple reasons. I have gotten to the point in my life where I want to know. I know I have it I think about it everyday! I guess I just need to talk.
I really like this site and enjoy reading everyone's posts. I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Testing
November 28, 2012 07:23AM
You are so brave. Getting tested means you will be able to join clinical trials, take meds and such if you need them. It also means you will be able to counsel your children on testing and how much strength it takes. Good luck to you, please let us know how it goes.
December 01, 2012 04:48AM
Thank you for your support and responding. It has took me a long time to get to this point in my life and I am ready. I will definitely let you know how it goes.
December 01, 2012 07:22AM
Sounds like you have given it a lot of thought. Stay strong and try not to second guess yourself as this seems to be something people tend to do afterward from my reading.

I am wondering why you think you may have HD other than perhaps a family history. Good luck to you.

Keep your chin up,
Mike
December 01, 2012 09:18AM
Good Luck!
December 01, 2012 12:43PM
Thank u so much!
December 01, 2012 12:54PM
Thanks for the advise.
I feel I have HD because of all my movements and twitching mostly but I have also been told I have depression, bipolar,anxiety/panic attacks and RLS. The new one that started a couple months ago is my anger. I have never been an angry person my whole life.
December 01, 2012 02:44PM
Hi, i also have my first appointment to be tested on tuesday so im quite nervous!!!

I am also convinced that i will test positive for various reasons like yours.

Good luck with the testing process. smiling smiley
December 02, 2012 04:32AM
Good Luck to you. Please let me know how u are doing. Thank you so much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login