Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Any positive thoughts?

Any positive thoughts?
November 21, 2012 08:58PM
Even though it is terrifying to be living with hd or living at risk do you feel a little bit lucky that at least we can look forward to all the promising trials and hope for treatment? Can you imagine the people that had to deal with this before the gene was found and there was no hope???
Re: Any positive thoughts?
November 21, 2012 10:25PM
So happy there's a lot of promising research! My bio mom has three other kids much younger than me, and I'm very hopeful something will be found by the time they might have to face HD in themselves. smiling smiley

I also feel lucky to find out in a time where the internet is available. It would be so much harder to deal with without any information. o_o I am grateful for all the online support groups and the research news. <3
November 21, 2012 10:56PM
I am so glad that I found this site it has helping me so much to know that I am not alone, and I am so positive that they will find more medication for HD, my mother in law die in 2000, and she really suffer a lot there was not even xenadine that has help my husband so much and I am sure by the time that my kids decide to test themself it would be more medication and options how destroy HD.
November 22, 2012 08:51PM
Gotta have hope. When my hubby and I first got together, we were told the only way to be tested was to compare my hubby's DNA with a direct relative who was positive. The fact that there is a test now is wonderful. The more people who talk about this disease, the more the doctors learn, and so on.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login