Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

memphis

Posted by FevreDream 
memphis
November 21, 2012 07:34AM
Does anyone know of a support group in or around Memphis TN?
Re: memphis
November 21, 2012 09:20PM
Fevre, give me a nudge and I will try to remember a Dr in Memphis and his Nurse's name or contact. Wish I had gone there instead of Birmingham. I do rember the Dr. is from Louisianna. Love cajun cooking.......

Mike
November 25, 2012 03:32PM
Just remembered. Dr. Ladue (sp) affiliated with UT.
November 25, 2012 04:51PM
I tried to get R to go to him but he told me that they don't make appointments for 25 years in the future. Then he told me that Dr. will only take him if he is showing symptoms. But now he tells me the neuro he is seeing is a collegue or associated with Dr. L in some way. I am at a dead end with R and his docs. I just don't know how to deal with him anymore. All I can really do right now is tell myself that it is the disease and that he was probably a really nice guy before this got hold of him. But I will never know. Hmmm, sorry for the less than optimistic attitude. Court is on Wednesday and R comes to visit tomorrow. I find it stressful.
eve
November 27, 2012 07:54PM
Sorry for all the stress you're going thru. I think a support group would be a good idea...you've got a lot on your plate and it's especially hard when there is a child involved.
December 08, 2012 03:21AM
Fevre: I have the same question you have, I did get in touch with Dr. Ladue he called me back but I don't remember what we talked about because he called me while my hubby was beside me and I won't talk openly when he is in ear shot. I have really considered moving to the Memphis area, I have 2 adult children there so I figured I could get some help from them and saw someplace that there is a big HD group there. I have had no luck finding a HD group in the Memphis area but I am still looking. If you find anything let me know please.
December 08, 2012 09:31AM
I know you are looking at Memphis area but there is a group that started in Birmingham in the Spring of this year. I was very unhappy with the Nueurologist I saw there and I don't know his involement in the group. Just an FYI.
Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login