Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Can be reversible Huntington's Disease?

Posted by LucesHuntington 
Can be reversible Huntington's Disease?
November 20, 2012 11:28PM
Huntington's disease is currently defined in many textbooks and thousands of articles in a pathology Neurodegenerative , Hereditary and irreversible caused by a mutation in the gene encoding the protein Huntingnina, but this concept is crucial in the phrase " NOT cure. " All I can do right now for these patients is to treat the symptoms as they manifest themselves, some to reduce choreic movements, others to relieve depression, and other psychiatric symptoms, others to delay the onset of the disease, but to cure any disease.

TO BE CONTINUED

HUNTINGTON DISEASE
Re: Can be reversible Huntington's Disease?
November 21, 2012 07:57AM
Cool ... we're being spammed by a a Spanish site. :-) At least they're not selling t-shirts.

The site is a nicely done HD site although I personally find the Google translation of their pages into English a little difficult to read - but it's better than my trying to translate it myself!
November 21, 2012 09:54AM
At least they're trying to write sentences, and it's not just "FREE HANDBAGS JEWELRY SPORTS FOOTBALL TIFFANY OFFER"
November 21, 2012 10:46AM
I can't read it but what they are talking about is Dr. Donald Cleveland's groundbreaking work with gene silencing and considering whether Huntington's disease can be reversed. I think it can. We know that once you turn off the gene in animal models that there is consderable recovery. And the latest stem cell work does suggest that stem cells can form networks and restore function.
November 21, 2012 06:01PM
Dear Members and Admin

My name is Marta Talise, Medical Doctor and Editor-in-Chief of Luces en la Enfermedad de Huntington, a magazine about Huntington disease News. I am NOT pretend to be a Spamm in your Forum. I would like to apologize for my English mistakes.. If you donĀ“t want I will not sent more posts...

Marta Talise MD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2012 06:03PM by LucesHuntington.
November 21, 2012 07:29PM
You are welcome here! Steve was just joking because we have to delete so much spam these days. Of course we don't consider you spam and did not delete your post.
November 21, 2012 09:01PM
Marta, we are pretty open. Marsha and Steve have seen so many spam post it's just another day of spam at times. As HD pateints, I think I can say we welcome news about our future, especially good news.

Mike
November 22, 2012 10:13PM
Thank you very much!!

Dr Marta Talise
MD and CLS
Editor-in-Chief
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login