November 19, 2012 11:16AM
Hi Angela. are you ok?

What are you worrying about?
Re: I wish....
November 19, 2012 11:59AM
Me too. sad smiley
November 19, 2012 03:09PM
I'm ok just worried in general about living at risk. It's scary.
November 19, 2012 05:14PM
I know how you feel. I have got my appointment in 2 weeks to start the testing process and see if i have symptoms - Im soo scared!!

Feel free to add me on facebook or email me if you ever need to talk to someone smiling smiley
November 19, 2012 05:43PM
I wish for a miracle...no more Huntingtons disease.
November 21, 2012 09:26PM
Don't think it is the end. Somewhere there is an end. We don't really know where. Keep your chin up....toughen up your gut and push forward. No, you won't forget about it, but push.....don't let the mind dimenish the will.....
Mike
November 26, 2012 10:28AM
I wish this everyday. I wish I didn't test and wish I could erase my results and just live without suspecting like they did 20 years ago. If I could take this test back I would.
I understand all this brave stuff you guys do, I wish I didn't make that choice.
eve
November 27, 2012 07:52PM
Mare, I'm sorry you regret testing. I feel empowered to know my hubby's results. I feel we can be active in supplements and exercise and watching for any treatments/cures that come out. I would rather know than not know. But I can see your point.
November 28, 2012 12:57PM
Thanks Eve. It made sense at the time, but you guys should know that I have died every since and I live positive, take supplements and workout, but the emotional downside is huge and you should weigh that. You know, I was so sure I didn't have it that I felt the test would be my freedom. Didn't call that one!!
I just want you guys to know that. Maybe you just take supplements and workout, be a supportor of HD and not really know. At least until gene silencing or some other drug comes available. Just my thought. I know the need to know is also so great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2012 01:20PM by mare.
November 30, 2012 06:00PM
Mare, I wish the same things. You aren't alone thinking about it.
Mike
November 30, 2012 09:43PM
I wish I did not have to worry about my adult daughters and their at risk status. They are young adults with their lives ahead of them. My ex-husband refuses any support from me and tries so hard to be independent. I feel that my daughters carry a heavy load with seeing their father's disease progression, trying to support him, seeing the flaws in judgement that he makes, and worrying about their own futures. I pray daily for an intervention to stop this disease in its tracks. It may not help my ex-husband, or perhaps freeze him where he is, but I want so much to have science save my daughters. They are wonderful caring women.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login