Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Cag repeat 1. #42 2. #28

Posted by TomR 
Cag repeat 1. #42 2. #28
October 12, 2012 04:09PM
Hi,
First time on here. I am the first one in my family to find out we have HD and the first to be tested.
I have been on disibility since January and working on helping my cousin get out of jail. He has shown symptoms for
awhile but was unaware of the disease or the chance of getting it. I counceled his Sister to be tested this past week and will know results in two weeks.
My Cousin has been really depressed the past two years while taking care of his wife who eventually died of Breast Cancer
this past year.
What I am looking for is a Lawyer that understands Huntington's and how it can affect someone suffering from HD.
Re: Cag repeat 1. #42 2. #28
October 12, 2012 10:17PM
sorry to hear you have
hd.HD is awful but when I started we haad no way of knowing whether you had it or not/ I prayed for a test which we have now with its own emotional problems. this web is wonderful resource. evry person here has HD or cares greatly about people with HD. I hope we are closer to a cure. I find press releases from drug companies\ to be written too encouraging compared to where we really are. I know quite a few neuros none of whom can point to some part of the brain and tell what it does. I have been following the work of the guys at mcggill in a cross disciplkine work betwwen key board and the brain. oliver Sacks wrote Musiphilia( SP) on the sam subject. I believe that music discipline every day is very good for HD brain. I also took aquatis for movmnet disordes for 9 years but am so allergic to chlorine that cant breathe in the pool.

depression is a big part of HD

take care of yourself. Othersd will be along soon. dusty
October 13, 2012 08:07AM
I am sure that there are some neurologists who have testified in court cases for PHD clients. If you are in a larger metropolitan area I wold contact a neurologist and ask if he knows of any lawyers who might be able to help you.
October 13, 2012 06:04PM
Where do you live. I live in a very rural area and thru the grapevine heard of a lawyer(used to be a judge) in my small town that has hd in his family- he tested negative( but i will use him if ever needed,
October 14, 2012 12:13AM
I live in Northern Indiana but my cousen is in Virginia.
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login