Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

hallucinations?

Posted by traveler 
hallucinations?
October 01, 2012 02:18PM
My Phd seemed to have what I would term as a total hallucination in the middle of the night this week. He seemed conscious, but in a totally different world (an hour long episode before I could get him to return to bed). He didn't recall it at all in the morning. He got angry at me for not comprehending him, but didn't get violent.
I have read that hallucinations can be a part of HD, but haven't read any other postings on this. His mom & sister never exhibited this, so it is new to me. Anyone here have anything to share on this?
I was terrified that he would still be in this state when he woke up. Do they occur more often at a certain time of the day or as time goes on? Will they become more frequent? Have they happened in restaurants or other public places...then what do you do? Have hallucinations gotten to violence?
Any experiences related on the board would be appreciated so I might know what to expect and how to handle it.
Re: hallucinations?
October 01, 2012 05:29PM
My husband experienced hallucinations, but it seemed to be related to medication. He had to be hospitalized and was taken off all medication. Once they did that the hallucinations went away. They were very scary! He thought that someone was in the house and went into our oldest sons room with a big knife to get the person he thought was in there. Thank goodness our son was at college. I would definitely call your husbands doctor and see what may be causing it. Is he on any medication?
Re: hallucinations?
October 01, 2012 07:17PM
No meds at all. Hasn't had any treatable symptoms. Avoiding med if at all possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login