Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

meds

Posted by Edwina 
meds
July 25, 2012 11:01AM
THANK YOU for your support.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2012 07:20PM by Edwina.
Re: meds
July 25, 2012 12:25PM
Call his doctor back make sure whoever takes the message realizes how important it is. Tell the person who answers that you're afraid of getting hit. Make a pest of yourself if you have to. If that doesn't get any results, call the police. You do not deserve to get hit for any reason!

Margaret
July 25, 2012 01:06PM
Edwina.
Leave if he won't take his meds and tell him that when he assists himself by taking his meds, you will be there for him. Zero tolerance for violence! If you have no place to go, call 911 and have him hospitalized.

Take care,

Carla
eve
July 25, 2012 01:38PM
Agree that you should tell him you will leave if he doesn't take his meds. Try to get a plan in place for where you could go. Tell him you will call the police if he is violent. Tell him that he needs his meds and if he takes them you will stay. Stay firm about this!!!
July 25, 2012 03:10PM
I agree with everyone else. Safety concerns always warrant drawing a line in the sand.
July 25, 2012 04:38PM
I also agree with everyone. I had to give my husband an ultimatum when he was still living at home. He either had to take his meds or the kids and I would have to leave. I won!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login