Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

GREAT NEWS! SSA announced the addition of adult onset to compassionate allowance!

Posted by SteveI 
GREAT NEWS! SSA announced the addition of adult onset to compassionate allowance!
July 13, 2012 01:11PM
Deb Lovecky and Jane Kogan at HDSA deserve many kudos for their persistence in encouraging SSA to move this forward and make it happen.

Click the link below for more details.

[www.hdsa.org]

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2012 08:51AM by SteveI.
What AMAZING NEWS...I cried and shared with my family when I received the email. I cannot say how THANKFUL I am, for all who remain nameless, behind the scenes who have fought this fight.

I lose sleep over the disability issue, and when to apply and all that goes with it. I feel so blessed to be a part of this community- even in the midst of living with this disease.

Blessings!
Truly amazed right now! This is great news for my sister; and many many others I'm your cheerleaderI'm on cloud 9
This brought tears to my eyes when I found out from my Mom. THANK YOU to everybody who worked so hard for this.

Patty
Re: GREAT NEWS! SSA announced the addition of adult onset to compassionate allowance!
July 14, 2012 11:34PM
Finally!

thumbs up smiley
YEAH!!!! The fighting we had to go through was so unfair. If I hadn't handled SS for him, my husband would have given up.
The hoops we had to go through, the documentation and letters made it a full time job for 6 months. This is such good news!
Re: GREAT NEWS! SSA announced the addition of adult onset to compassionate allowance!
July 16, 2012 01:51PM
great job!! I was just reading this and wanted to say thanks to the HDSA staff.
MRO
July 16, 2012 09:36PM
This is great news and a smart step to go for the social security portion of the parity act only. Congrats to HDSA
I could not find this info anywhere? But what I have found is department of children and family services through a federal fund is giving me $120 a month to help care for my husband and his needs.
August 18, 2012 09:46AM
The article from the first post is now located here:

[www.hdsa.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login