Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Here we go again!

Posted by JudyF 
Here we go again!
June 21, 2012 09:26PM
My husband is being very difficult again. On father's day he flipped out because the new TV we bought him was not as big as he thought it should be. When I told him that I would take it back and he would get nothing, he decided it was ok. He was threatening to kill himself and on Monday he refused to eat. I was told that if he didn't eat by dinner time that they were going to send him to the hospital. I was able to get him to eat dinner. I also told him that they were threatening to have him transferred (which they are) so had better behave. He would not have us there everyday if he was moved. I was really hoping that he was done with the bad behavior.
eve
Re: Here we go again!
June 22, 2012 08:24AM
Sorry to hear this Judy. My son (at risk) has some behavioral issues (likely autism related) and it is weird that he also has good periods and bad periods of time. Maybe it's time for a med adjustment. Maybe the Father's Day holiday was frustrating him because he no longer has the traditional role of father? How frustrating for your family. I hope he straightens out and doesn't have to be moved.
June 23, 2012 10:22AM
Hi Eve!

His meds have been adjusted and I wondered if that's the reason for his behavior. I mentioned it to the nursing home, but I was told that he was on the lowest dose of klonipin and he wouldn't react that way to it. I think he was on it before and reacted badly. I can't get it through their heads that he doesn't react well to most medications. I also think its rediculous that they wanted to send him to the hospital after not eating for only 1 day.
June 24, 2012 10:29PM
I'm surprised. at my moms nursing home they would always ask me before giving her anything. one time she saw an hd doc
who gave her a bunch of meds that I approved. she reacted badly and stopped eating anything but shakes and stuff I gave her for months.
she also completey changed. I asked the nuro ther to get her off of everything and then she was fine.they would even tell me if it was a laxative
I also got them to chage there rules so I could bring fish oil for her.
June 25, 2012 04:43AM
This place doesn't tell me anything . I always have to ask. I don't understand it. I'm there almost every day and live close by. Its not like I just dropped him off and left all decisions up to them. They ought to have fun next week while I'm away.
June 27, 2012 01:25PM
Judy- just dropping in to say that I'm thinking of you. . . You're like a rock. . (strength wise smiling smiley ) Stay strong my friend. It's so hard. . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login