Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Revitalizing the Lighthouse

Posted by Marsha 
Re: Revitalizing the Lighthouse
June 15, 2012 01:52PM
Just to reassure about HD Buzz, it is very reliable site for HD research updates. HD Buzz has been hugely successful since launching 18 months ago. It is supported financially by many HDAs globally. The person who founded the site is not only a HD researcher but a family member too. It is available in many languages and viewed by the HD community worldwide. Certainly a very good and much-needed resource.

That said it would be nice to see updates from you, Marsha, on here if you have the time. The more updates the better.

Matt

[www.hdyo.org]
June 17, 2012 09:37PM
MARSHA....

i have been here a fair number of years, i may not post anymore, but i visit here
to find out whats going on...I almost drowned in grief at the begging of this journey
I couldnt function in the beginning. i found EVERYTHING i needed here to SURVIVE...

you already know you are the anchor that keeps us all sane... do what you have to
do, but just dont leave us alone....

Rose
June 19, 2012 04:51PM
This site has been a life saver for me also. It is pretty much the only HD site I visit. I always look here for the latest news in research. I would be lost without it!
July 19, 2012 04:13PM
Thank you so very much for all of your contributions to the families experiencing HD. When my husband was diagnosed at 45 (in 2007), the information on your site was the first one I found that was helpful, honest and caring. I've followed the blogging/messaging and find that I need to return to it as things are getting progressively worse, lately. I also wanted to thank you for helping me in applying for my husband's social security. The information posted was invaluable and my husband was able to receive it on the FIRST attempt!! I'm sure that wouldn't have happened if I didn't have access to the articles and suggestions from your website.

I hope you consider continuing to keep us updated, but completely understand if it's gotten to be too much. Either way - thank you so very, very much!

DeAnne
July 23, 2012 11:47AM
Hi Marsha,

Would hate to lose the valuable information I have received here from you and everyone. I seldom, write, but I read. You have helped me so much with your reseach.. I am not sure what I would do with out you,

Edwina
July 25, 2012 11:09AM
Please Dont stop , adding research you might find. If you don't have time to write it up and have infor, just leave the link. This site has helped me so very much. Marsha you do a great job. Thank you so very much.

Edwina
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login