Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Can I help him?

Posted by salamandah 
Can I help him?
April 30, 2012 07:23PM
Hi all,

I was just wondering how I can help my son's father. We are not together and were never married. I feel like he is really alone in the world and needs some help. I just don't know what I can do to help him. He is does not trust me but I feel like I am the only one around who sees what is going on. His family all live in different states. His friends are all busy with their own lives. I went to his new house for the first time the other day. He had shelves full of awards. Half of them I do believe he earned but the other half I think he just bought and put his name on them. It strikes me as very sad. He also got a dog from the animal shelter last week. I don't think he remembers to feed her. He doesn't work but he just bought a house and a car. If I tried to offer my help he would just tell me that he was the number one whatever in the state and that he doesn't need my help. what would I need to do to become his power of attorney? Can I even do that since we are not married and not in a relationship? If he was just someone I used to know, I wouldn't worry but he is my son's father. I have to do everything I can to help him so I can look my son in the eye.

How hard is it to get disability once you have tested positive for HD? Will I just have to watch this poor guy go down the tubes while I stand helplessly by? Does anyone know what I can do? Does anyone have any suggestions at all about this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login