Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

bullying in school-not sure what to do

Posted by marilee56 
bullying in school-not sure what to do
April 20, 2012 12:18PM
i need sone help. my daughter is being bullied at schloo and it has been going on for a few months. we have involved the school as much as we can. they always sya they will handle it and this girl just keeps threatening my ddaughter.

she is being threatened boht physically and mentally. she is afraid to go to schloo because of this girl. my daughter has many friends that hear what is going on and they have gone to staff on ashleys behalf. yet this girl is still threatening her. they have many of my daughters friensad who back her pu and hear what she ois saying so they have a logn list of things that this girl has said.

yesterday was the last straw. the bullier said that she was going to beat my daughter and dance around her corpse and laugh at the beating that she will recieve. my daughter went too guidance yesterdY and told them the latest threats. they talked to her again and told her she has to atay away from my daughter and took her out of my daughters choir class and her lunch soe is not allowed in the lunch rmoo. she still went to lunhc yesterday nad was running her mouth and she was taken out be an aid in the llunchrmoo.

we have had it with this girl and this morning we went to the school and wanted a meetoing with guidance, tghe dean and a few other staff members. when we told them the latest they were shokked that she is stlli doing this to my duughter. the school is running out of options and feel bad that it is huirting my daughter and as of today my daughters best friend is now her target nknowingi it will ge tto my daughter.

the school is thinking abuot calling the police and getting them involved. they ahve a meeting todya with the bolliers parents and we will see what hapopens after the meeting.

my daughter s beat friend and her mother are dcomming over this eve to talk about all; fo t h si andd were wondering if we should go to the police on our own monday morning and file for a restraining ordre for both my daughrew and her best friend.

should i give the school one more chanec to end this for good or take metters into our own hands and file the order a the police station.

i see my daughter is hurting os badyl and i just want to hold her and tell hjer that it will get better. but i am really scared for her safety and her bestfrriends safety.

my daughter is bipolar and her moods have been fluctuating and have been pretty bad since this all started. i hpoe she can handle it a little ahire longer and hold it iogether.

anyone have advice on what to do? i am just al a loss for wrods and jkust want all of thi to end.

sorry for ranting in this long post. it felt gooc to type this post. i hope things even out soon. if not she will be very sorry she ever messed woth ne and my husband and her best friencs mon also.

i just hoep i am doing enough so that my daughter is safe in school and at hime.

thank yoiu fior raediong this post and any adviccce will be a great help.

kerri
Re: bullying in school-not sure what to do
April 20, 2012 01:02PM
It sounds like you are working with the school and they are working with you. You have a lot on your plate.
April 20, 2012 03:51PM
If I were you, I would let the school know that this is their last chance to fix the problem or you will be going to the police yourself. Tell them you are considering hiring a lawyer because if this girl lays a hand on your daughter or her friend you will not being sueing just the girl and her parents, but the school also! Is there any way to record this girl when she is running her mouth so that you have proof? My daughter was bullied on the bus when she was in kindergarten and it wasn't until I told the school (after many complaints) that I would take matters into my own hands that they finally did something. I'm not suggesting that you do anything that would get you in trouble. They just need to know you are serious! I am so sorry your daughter is going through this. I know how heartbreaking it is!
April 20, 2012 06:03PM
Is this the same one that bullied your son too? Or a different one? We should sick Mitchell on her. Just kidding. I think the hardest thing is waiting for the school to get it right. Give the school one more chance then you have to do what ever necessary to keep them safe - physically and mentally.

I am here. You know that.

Love you

Stacy
April 20, 2012 06:41PM
no this is a new one but this girl is pretty bad this is nto the same girl that bullide josh. this girl is relentless. she said in front of my daughter and 2 guidance councelors that she was going to beat the crpa out of ashley and laugh while doing it. she is something wlse. they have contacted her parents and is still doing it.

my husband is going to call a friend of his who is opn the police squad. he and my husband were friends lal througfh school. he is giong to try and find out our options. i think she has to physically harm my daughter before wwe can get a restraining order. i am not to happy with that. so sa soon as we hear from him we will go back tot he schllo and present our ccase.

i kust feel bad doe my daughter and her best friend that they haqve to go through more berfore we ccna take legal action.

i just want this to end for everyone involved. i want to thank you for all of your posts.

kerri.
April 21, 2012 08:25AM
She threatened your daughter in FRONT of guidance councelors???????? I'd say it's time to tell the school they have HAD their last chance and to consider thos guidance councelors witnesses when you call the police. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!!!!! I'd call the police myself, The school has dragged their feet long enough. Ask them what happened to zero tolerance! Call the police Rose
April 27, 2012 01:36PM
my daughter has been bullide since october and the school has don very littel to remidy this situation. we have showed ip at the school unannounced to speat to the staff and it seems like they care in person and once we leave they fall back to the same old crap. she is now bullying my daughters best frioend and her mom has tried going to the school as well and she gets the same treatment from the staff.

we wrer tpld that the bullier was being punnised anad we were not to be informed and her punshment was no our business. the bullier threatened my daughter in front of a councelor and they just laughed it off like she will not follow thrugh on her threats.

my daughterw best friend is now being pushed into lockers daily as the bullier walks past her.she is lso still threatmimg my daughter and this is not right,

we are tired of hte runarond and we got in touch of the bulliers parents and we made an appt to speak to them to see how much they really knewe were shocked at the extent that they kneq. they were told vary little thet she is dpopoing and they were adament that this will stop.

they were sympathetic to the fact that i have hd. ans they said thata the bullier should be offering my daughter a shoulder to cry on and not daily threats. the three gorls were best friends until oct. we are not sure on excatly what turned the bullier in oct but me and my husbank and my daughters best friends mother said that we will be willing to do anything to help the bulliers and her parents to stop[ thiss. and myabe the three girls can even become friends again.

the three parents have agreed that we are not goiing to deal withj the staff a thte schoolk and handle it between the three set of parents unless the bullier turns violent or does something the threaten my daughter or her best friend. then we will reinvolve the bulliers parents and the staff.

the school also told the three sets ofparents that it would be better off not to talk together and it would be handled as a school prob and it was in our best interest to leet it go and not get anymore invilved that we are now. i do not really understand how that school can tell us to not to meet. and their could be many problems if we infact meet.

well i hope that this will end for my daughters and her best friend can feel safe in school. my daughter doees not need any more on her plate. she deals woth me and the hd and i also have bipolat. . my daughter is also bipolar and so is her b rother. thank god mmy husbamd is as good a man as he is. i feel bad that th isi s all going on for my husband. he is so stressed with not having the bullier doing what she is.

sorry for venting and that this is so long.

kerri
update on bullyingRe: bullying in school-not sure what to do
April 29, 2012 05:20PM
my hubbie got a call on sunday saying tha the bullera parents ad the biullier want to meet and see if we can end all of this. my daughter a first said she will not go and does not care if she wants to apology. but myd aughters best griend is going and my daughter said she will go but she is nt accepting a appology and will lleave after she is done talking. my hubbie cang go. he has to workso it will ne me my daughtet and my daughters bewtst friend and her mother.

i hope we canresolve this. i am tirerd of seeing my daughter hurting. i ahope we ca n just resolve what is going on and the girls can have some closure. or al the most to stop the bullying

noone deserves to be treated this way. this meeting will interesting
eve
April 29, 2012 07:51PM
Maybe the school was afraid to have you contact the parents. Sometimes there are wacky parents who are to blame because the of household environment/philosophy. Then the parents get defensive, don't understand and the problem is worse. But luckily in this case you did the right thing. It sounds as if the parents weren't aware of the problem and want to help fix it...I'm so glad! Let us know how it works out! I sure hope it is resolved soon.
April 30, 2012 08:23AM
I hope the meeting goes well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
April 30, 2012 07:02PM
I agree that this is enough! The school should have developed a plan of action and shared with all 3 families. Definitely time to take the matter in your own hands.. before something "violent" happens.....although personal self esteem and other issues have already occured.

No child should be treated like this... and no institution should allow said treatment. I would definitely contact the police regarding a "no contact order".. but would also recommend contacting the superintendant of the school district and "institutional abuse" to report the school for lack of follow-through.

From both personal and professional experience I am appalled at what some "professionals" will allow. Children should feel safe and not placed under ridicule attending school. Under no circumstance should a professional laugh off threats, nor should such destructive behavior be accepted. By law all schools must have a bullying policy... I wonder what the policy is of the school your daughter attends and question if the school is "following" it. Hmmm

Keep us posted
Stacy
April 30, 2012 09:35PM
ok, some of you may not like my answer....but..... trust me, short of moving immediately,
ITS YES ON THE POLICE, THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE IMMEDIATELY, There
has to be a public trail, or you cannot prove that its ongoing and you did all you could, incase
of a situation....

BUT.... here is what you should do.....

TAKE YOUR DAUGHTER TO A MARTIAL ARTS CLASS... I RECOMMEND 'KRAV MAGA'..
my son was bullied in elementary school, and i was not having it... at seven i sent him to
classes... he has kept it up through his life, even now as an adult...

again i recommend KRAV MAGA, which specializes in street fighting... it teaches you
what to do when you are under attack, with one or many... you could send both your
daughter and her friend... TRUST ME, THEY WILL MAKE MANY FRIENDS THERE,
they will have advice from people that know how to deal with violence... so many
women go to this class for protection... and policeman, military, even old women...

IT WILL GIVE HER CONFIDENCE, AND SHE WILL SEE IMMEDIATE RESULTS.
listen, this is the real world, help your daughter protect herself. also martial arts
members, stick together and help each other out... if you have a style in mind
that you would prefer, remember all styles are not really functional in the real world.
doing martial arts or self protection classes only means, protecting yourself and evening
the playing field..

good luck,
April 30, 2012 10:15PM
SKMF12, I really like your idea, I just want to point out something. I was an aide in a couple different school, classrom, study hall, playground and lunch room. When you watching as many kids at one time that I did, it's difficult to see the FIRST move and we usually only see the SECOND move. Therefore, understand that the true culprit isn't always caught in the act, but the person protecting themselves are. It's not fair but when your watching over 100 kids at a time, running all over the place, that's the reality. I would still say go for the self protection at this point and also go to the police. Also suggest survellance camers in hallways, lunch rooms and playground.

Please get back to us and let us know how your daughter is doing, Pat Rose
April 30, 2012 11:05PM
Enough is enough. With the way the school is dragging their feet, they either want the situation to fizzle by itself or hope the other parents step in. This is where these situations get too far out of hand and someone gets hurt, or worse. I would be getting law enforcement involved ASAP. It's about time these type people were put in a place where they belong.
May 01, 2012 01:44PM
we had the meeting with the 3 girls last night and it went pretty good. they listened to each other and all gave feredback. we were there fro 2 1/2 hours. and we were shocked at the treatment the 3 girls havw gotten from the school staff. it seems like the staff has been pitting the girls against other instead of helping. they have been calling the 3 girls friends sown and asking them ehat is going on with the 3 girls and te3lling the kids that if th ey dont talk and pick sides they will be sent to detention. they are also refusing to ler myself,my daughters best friends mother, and the buillier parents to be present durring the times they pulled them out of class and questioning. we were all told that this a school matter and we do not have tyhe right to be present. we were also told not to meet with all pesent and the girls because it is a scxhool matter.

i have had it with the school staff and we have agreed it is to be handled with us nthe parents. the 3 girls talked last night and they got a lot off their chests and by the time we left they were talking about what they cand do to repair their friendship.. my daughter told her that she would like to be friemds again but she is going to have to earn her trust back because she reallh hurt nmy daughter. and she understood and said that she is willing to earn her truse again.

now we have to deal with the staff and tell them that we do not approve of their way oif handling it. and if they call any of the girls down the parents have to b present. and to stop calling the girls friends down to get ammunition agaiunst them. if theyndo not comply with the parents wishes they will be speaking to our lawyers

i just hope they follow our wishes and to stop with the calling the girls and frienbds down looking for amo against the 3 girls
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login