Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Results Tomorrow

Posted by Bluegrasslady 
Re: Results Tomorrow
February 22, 2012 03:32PM
Bluegrasslady, I'm so so happy for you after such a stressful time. Best wishes for all your family.
eve
February 22, 2012 07:33PM
I'm so very happy to hear this! I know a lot of us would love to give you a big hug right now!!!! I'm thrilled for your baby too. A huge weight is off your shoulders. Next move is to try to forgive your MIL...I really think part of her terribly poor judgement/reasoning might be HD related. Savor the joys and try to let go of the anger/hurts: you have shown yourself to be wise and wonderful so I know that you know this already.
February 22, 2012 07:38PM
Wonderful news! I am so happy for you.
February 22, 2012 11:26PM
So happy for your negative test! smiling smiley My wife recently got tested and after living with a Dad, a Grandmother, and a sister who all had HD, she received good news as well. It was hard to believe at first. We wondered, did they do the test right? Were they testing her sample and not someone else's? All these thoughts went through our heads the first couple of months. I pray every day for those not able to dodge this bullet and for a cure.
February 23, 2012 05:38AM
Yesterday I read hdguy1's news but I saw the number of responses to your thread and was afraid to look. I'm am so very happy for you and your husband, and your family!! You've already helped to renew my hope that when the time comes my son will also test negative. What joy I feel for you! The wave

Best wishes,
Audrey
February 23, 2012 02:11PM
Thank you all, so, so much.

Yes, the next step will be forgiving my MIL. Now that I'm not so consumed with anxiety, fear and worry about my immediate family, summoning the energy and compassion to do so will be much easier. I bought a book called "Unconditional Forgiveness," by a therapist and author from Minnesota, that I intend to read. I feel lighter, happier and more forgiving already. And I feel very compelled to give back, to be the kindest person I can be, to start living a better life, and to make numerous personal changes.

And, of course, our good news will afford us more energy to focus on caretaking for my husband's mother, and, if needed (gosh, I hope not) for his brother.

We're bringing our baby to see my MIL this weekend. I'm sure she'll be delighted to spend some time with him, and I'm hoping it will be a really joy-filled visit.

Again, thanks to all of you for all of your support, and your kind messages, and your happiness for us.

Sincerely,
Bluegrass
February 23, 2012 03:52PM
Good for you, Bluegrasslady. That sounds like a wonderful approach.
February 23, 2012 07:51PM
Great news!
February 24, 2012 10:03AM
That is great news indeed. Many smiles and joy in the state of Kentucky!

Glad your husband took the test. Even more glad of the result! thumbs up
February 25, 2012 02:34PM
Such great news. We are so happy for you.smiling smiley
February 26, 2012 02:02AM
I'm your cheerleader great news
ivy
February 26, 2012 11:24AM
OMG that is WONDERFUL news!!!! I am sooooo happy for your family.....what a relief!!!!!!

~Ivy
February 28, 2012 06:26PM
Bluegrass,

I am SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY for you! Celebrate! There is hope! So glad to hear the GREAT news!

Swirly
February 28, 2012 07:53PM
I dont say much on here but woo hoo, so happy for you!
February 28, 2012 08:47PM
Great news for you guys. I just caught the post again and I am happy for you all!!
Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login