Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Results Tomorrow

Posted by Bluegrasslady 
Results Tomorrow
February 21, 2012 03:06PM
I'm pretty much a mess right now.

Will post the results in the morning (or early afternoon), once we get them. I hope that, with knowledge (even if it's bad news) some of this crazy anxiety will be alleviated and I can start a process of coping. I don't doubt that a period of grief, depression, frustration, bargaining, etc might follow. But, maybe the anxiety will at least lift, somewhat?! It's especially difficult not knowing what, exactly, it is we'll have to cope with. I've got butterflies, an upset stomach, a racing heart, a desire to pace . . . Ack!

Less than 24 hours, though . . .

I'm also hoping that, once I pick my parents up from the airport in a few hours, and once my husband gets home from work, we can have some nice distraction and maybe an enjoyable evening. My parents haven't seen the baby in two months and will undoubtedly be happy to hold and play with him, and all of us will have some catching up to do, too! Maybe pizza, some wine, conversation, and a light, funny movie? My parents will be sleeping in our bed, so my husband and I will be on the floor in the living room. I'm not anticipating a great deal of sleep tonight. LOL. I suspect that's normal!!!!
Re: Results Tomorrow
February 21, 2012 04:22PM
good luck with everything.
it seems like you have a great support system and a nice night planned so try to enjoy.
I know its hard.
Laura
February 21, 2012 05:20PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2012 05:20PM by paulabhouck.
February 21, 2012 05:48PM
Good luck im fingers crossed for you.

My anxiety dropped away withing weeks of pos result.
Wish I had done it before.
Knowledge is power and always will be.
Feel like im fighting something tangible now not something I may or may not have.

L x
February 21, 2012 06:06PM
Very normal not to sleep the night before. Take things easy.

Matt

[www.hdyo.org]
February 21, 2012 09:04PM
Lots of thoughts and prayers for you and your family!!!!
February 22, 2012 07:14AM
Thinking of you and your family today. I remember the day Oh too well. Hopefully you got some sleep last night smiling smiley
February 22, 2012 07:40AM
Thinking of you!
February 22, 2012 08:59AM
Wishing you the best... and don't worry all those feelings are normal.
February 22, 2012 09:16AM
Thank you, everyone!

I have good news to report. My husband tested negative!!!!! We're still trying to wrap our minds around it. It's actually hard to believe!

Happy day.

I am immensely grateful for all of the support I've received on this forum. I'm going to continue to visit very frequently, in hopes that I can provide support to others who are struggling. I want to be able to give back, in any way I can. Again, the support I've received here, when I was struggling tremendously, was invaluable. Such kind, wonderful, inspiring people here!

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Bluegrass
February 22, 2012 09:55AM
Bluegrass!!! I'm so happy for your husband, you and whole family!!! Thank God!! What a great day for you all!! I'm crying just thinking about the weight that's been lifted for all of you!
February 22, 2012 09:59AM
I am beyond thrilled for you and your family! Lots of prayers have been answered!

Patty
February 22, 2012 10:02AM
so happy for you! smileys with beer
February 22, 2012 10:21AM
Wow! that is wonderful! You had a very early appoinment! You must be so relieved.
February 22, 2012 10:57AM
Great news smiling smiley

[www.hdyo.org]
February 22, 2012 11:02AM
Yea!! Bluegrass I am so thrilled for you and your family! I've been thinking about you guys all morning. Wonderful news! I know you guys have had a rough few months. Take sometime this weekend to enjoy each other and love on that baby boy of yours smiling smiley

Jodie
February 22, 2012 01:23PM
I'm your cheerleader That is such a weight lifted- Happy for yousmiling smiley
February 22, 2012 02:26PM
So so happy for you, I have tears in my eyes! Such an emotional time for you all xxxx smiling bouncing smiley
February 22, 2012 02:26PM
Fantastic i had a gut feeling he would test neg smiling smiley
February 22, 2012 03:04PM
I am beyond happy for you. This is the best news. I love to hear when people test negative. Its time for a celebration!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login