Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

SIRT1 Inhibitor US Clinical Trial Starting

Posted by Will 
SIRT1 Inhibitor US Clinical Trial Starting
February 05, 2012 04:05PM
I've been asked to participate in a Phase 1b trial for Siena Biotech's SIRT1 Inhibitor, named Selisistat. It's a short, intensive trial at Wake Forest University, primarily evaluating safety. My initial screening visit is scheduled for April 30th, with the dosing period starting about 28 days after that.

Marsha and Remig can explain again why this is important, but it's GOOD NEWS! This has the potential to be a disease modifier, not just a symptom treatment. I'm pleased to be a part of it.

Will
Re: SIRT1 Inhibitor US Clinical Trial Starting
February 05, 2012 04:59PM
great news Will. Congrats!
February 06, 2012 08:40AM
Thanks Will for doing your part in reaching a cureI'm your cheerleader
February 06, 2012 09:09AM
Thank you, Will, for sharing this wonderful news and taking such an active role in the search for a cure!
February 06, 2012 09:41AM
Hi Will-

Thank you very much for participating in this trial! What you are doing is important. I am sure your fine example will inspire others to participate in this, and other trials and studies.

Cheers,

Robi

Robi Blumenstein
CHDI Management/CHDI Foundation
robi.blumenstein@chdifoundation.org
www.chdifoundation.org
February 06, 2012 03:51PM
Thanks all for the kind words, all. This is a small study at only 6 sites with 4 to 6 people per site, according to my information. I don't know the other sites besides Wake Forest. You don't have to be symptomatic to participate - just be healthy and have the gene. You also have to be fairly close to the site since there are a number of visits (and a lot of hours) during the dosing period.

Will
February 08, 2012 08:45AM
Will, I hope your efforts reap rewards for us all in the long term.
Thank goodness for research and willing subjects ....

I volunteered for the UK trial but it seems the nearest place is about 3 hours drive and lots of check ups so I just
cant't factor this in with looking after my kids/work/mother etc etc...

Keep us informed please of what the trial entails and what the results will prove etc etc

Lorraine x
February 08, 2012 09:42AM
Thanks again, Will, for your participation in research! I hope you will write another article about your experiences. There was so much interest in the last one you wrote and I think it helps people who are considering clinical trials to learn about what it's like to participate.
February 08, 2012 02:51PM
what are the sites Marsha?? We are in NY and are always interested.
February 08, 2012 04:01PM
Here's a complete list and a description of the trial. [clinicaltrials.gov]
There is a site in NY at the University of Rochester.

Will
February 09, 2012 09:34AM
Good Morning Will,

I have been waiting for a chance to meet you online. My husband is also participating in the trial we are doing it in San Diego. You have been a real inspirtation to us an we always enjoy your posts about suppliments and execise. Keep up the good work and good luck in the trial.
February 09, 2012 04:16PM
Nice to meet you, Debi. I'm also married to a Debbie. Some years ago I went to three separate 2 week military schools at the Navy Amphib Base on Coronado Island. We fell in love with the Island and the rest of San Diego. I still have vivid memories of running past the Hotel Del Coronado on the boardwalk next to the Pacific.

Will
February 09, 2012 07:31PM
Thanks a lot Will. It is a valant effort to participate.
Best Wishes
Mike
February 10, 2012 08:40AM
Will, one daughter is Debbie (CAG 42 Age 49).
As an enlisted Air Force airborne Russian linguist, I went through Physiological and Psychological training in Nevada with the SEALs in 1962 (the year of their formation).. I did get to San Diego several times; tis beautiful. bob.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login