Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Needing an Advocate - by Kelly B

Posted by SteveI 
Needing an Advocate - by Kelly B
January 27, 2012 09:26PM
With all of the odd events going on in our lives this past year we haven't had the opportunity to post any updates to the home page. So we are VERY grateful to Kelly for sharing her "Living Postive" story with us.

Go to Click here for "Needing an Advocate" by Kelly B
Re: Needing an Advocate - by Kelly B
January 28, 2012 07:34AM
Kelly,

Thank you so much for sharing another inspiring and amazing story with us.

Paula
January 28, 2012 12:34PM
Thank you so much for this. It made my day.
January 28, 2012 03:12PM
Thanks Kelly, you are amazing! Rose
January 29, 2012 02:09AM
Kelly, it's so good reading about your life, and what you're up to now, and so wonderful that you've found a new interest in singing, and learning to play the guitar. And, like you, i was not looking for a new love in my life, but one has come along for me now too. I think sometimes when someone is needy for a new person in their life, they can attract the wrong type of person. But like you, i was also resolved that i did not want anyone new, but then someone very special has come along for me too, in just the last few weeks smiling smiley Good for you hon smiling smiley
January 29, 2012 06:51AM
Kelly, you really should write a book about your life. It is very therapeutic . As I was working on my book it seemed to make events and emotions much more clear. I was trying to make the reader understand but I was making myself understand as well.
March 20, 2012 10:51AM
Barb- Glad to hear you have found someone new as well. I just got back I have been away for about 5 weeks and got to spend sometime with him. He is also into music which is great. I have learned to never say never out of all this. I know my having HD was one of many reasons I did not want another relationship. I worried about it being wrong morally to let someone fall in love with me knowing I could self-destruct in the future. I really liked this guy and the last thing I ever wanted to do to him was set him up for a huge heartache in the future. Just before I was getting together with him I almost ended it right before it had even began but my sister Colleen talked me out of it. She reminded me that I may still have alot of good years left to live and love. Plus I had told him all about the HD had sent him a copy of the story "Family" that I had written. Colleen said he was making an educated choice to be with me regardless of the HD. Reading that book "eternal on the water" helped me to see it differently and really came at a perfect time. The main character with HD wondered that same things I did.
Paula- Good to see you are still alive and well. I know it has been awhile since I posted my last article...How are you doing?
Klivin and MrsPatwolf thanks for your kind words glad you enjoyed it.
Steve-Thanks for posting it. Sorry to hear about your Dad...
Maggie--Yes you are right I should wite a book but who ever would believe that so many crazy things could happen to one person.
January 24th marked 5 years since my Mom Anne passed away it does not seem possible she has been gone that long.
Kelly

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 11:13AM by Kelly B.
March 20, 2012 12:37PM
I still miss Anne. Just the other day I found myself laughing at a story she told me about a midnight encounter with a neighbor. And I often think about that strange florist that delivered a bamboo plant to her. It can't be five years, Brat!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login