Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Coconut oil and HD

Posted by Nila 
Coconut oil and HD
January 21, 2012 06:47PM
Does anyone know if this has helped anyone with HD?
Re: Coconut oil and HD
January 21, 2012 09:07PM
Sorry forgot to post the video ...Thanks

[www.cbn.com]
January 22, 2012 12:35PM
Laura is adding coconut oil to her regimen starting today.

The news video sure makes it seem promising.
eve
January 22, 2012 04:00PM
I've read antectodal (not sure if spelled right) blogs about this before, but never seen any true scientific evidence. Unfortunately I can't get the CBN link to work right now (my computer froze up)...no offense, but I'm not sure I trust the Christian broadcasting network to be science based so I'm sort of skeptical...although I suppose it couldn't hurt to try. Maybe some great minds ( like Marsha) will give their opinions.
January 22, 2012 09:49PM
Thanks for your reply...Saw has a more in depth video she did about a year ago i will try and find it...I also started yesterday cooking with it and also put it on our popcorn...it was great...Nila
January 22, 2012 10:32PM
February 01, 2012 07:46PM
Marsha do you know anything about this?? A patient where I work brought me some info about it.
March 01, 2012 02:04AM
My husband does the coconut oil also. I mix the a jar of raw almond butter to equal parts of coconut oil and then add the trehalose to it. It makes it a great way for him to eat it. He sometime uses it as a spread on toast.
March 01, 2012 05:34AM
This is very interesting. I met a friend's daughter just this last weekend and she told me about the coconut oil in hopes that it might help Terry. She had worked for many years with people who suffered Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and dementia and said she witnessed improvement when they were given coconut oil. She even gave me some to try but I just haven't gotten around to figuring out how to give it to him. I guess I better get on it.
March 01, 2012 08:29AM
Hopeful
Thanks for the recipe I have been trying to figure out how to get more coconut oil in our diet for a couple years, that sounds delicious.
We are of the school that if it can't hurt and it might help we'll try it.
Thanks again
Debi
March 06, 2012 05:32PM
I Put it in my Husbands Oatmeal in the morning...on his toast, on Popcorn, and i am cooking with it, eggs, vegtables and more...they say they need about 4 Tablespoons a day...Nila
March 07, 2012 06:40PM
I eat it raw.
im tough i know.
I also asked the dentist not to use medicine when she was giving me a filling!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login