Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Rosacea

Posted by mjdelcon 
Rosacea
December 19, 2011 10:46PM
Hi, all,
Just wondering if anyone has experienced Rosacea and HD? Ray had seborrheic dermatitis for years on his face/scalp, which is common with neurological disorders, but just wondering if anyone experienced Rosacea, which is somewhat similiar? Thanks!

Michelle
Re: Rosacea
December 20, 2011 11:35AM
Interesting question! I have never seen this reported before but it will be interesting to see if you get positive responses.

One illness which seems to appear more frequently in HD patients is celiac disease.
December 20, 2011 02:13PM
I am constantly battling eczema on Tim's face and head...I just chalked it up to poor personal care at the NH. Every weekend I go through the routine to get it under control and apparently all week no on puts the medication on him. Maybe it does go along with HD.

Carla
December 20, 2011 03:46PM
At first, Ray was diagnosed with eczema, but then they said it was seborrheic dermatitis, which is associated with different neurological conditions (among other things). We had to put a special cream medication on Ray's face everyday or it would get this yellow crust all around his nose and sometimes in his hairline, as well . . . similar to dandruff on the scalp. He also had other skin problems on his hands and arms, like eczema, but the medication creams didn't work as good on those.
db
December 31, 2011 06:15PM
hi , my Mom also gets that yellow crust around her nose and a little on her scalp . db
December 31, 2011 08:03PM
My husband has the same problem. I always wondered why he got it. Did not realize it was connected to neuro problems. There is a medication that keeps it under control as long as the nurses actually use it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login