Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

determination

Posted by stacyw 
determination
December 13, 2011 05:54PM
As many of you know, My daughter Jordan passed away in July as a result of JHD. One of her favorite things was Equine Therapy. This was great as her obsession for horses never felt like "work" of physical therapy. This Saturday I will attend the horse farm's annual Christmas party alone for the first time. For years Jordan and Ron, my husband with hd, won the determination award. Well a few weeks ago, the owner of the horse farm contacted me to request I present the determination award now called the "Jordan ----- determination award". to this years recipient. As a mom I couldn't be more proud, as a mom of a child who suffered JHD I couldn't be more proud of the strength, love, companionship, and spirit she shared during her 12 years, and continues to share through the memories of all of us who were so blessed to be part of her life! As the saying goes, it doesn't matter how many years we have, what matters is what we do with those years....

You can see some of her horse photos on her legacy page at the below link.

[www.legacy.com]
Re: determination
December 13, 2011 06:21PM
Good pics!
December 13, 2011 09:22PM
Stacy,
That's so beautiful and so great!! What an honor for you!! I'm going to look at the pics now!
December 14, 2011 10:32AM
Stacy, What a beatiful child! What beautiful pictures! Thank you so much for sharing Jordan and your love for her. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Love,

paula
December 14, 2011 10:41AM
Jordan was a beautiful child. Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures!
December 14, 2011 08:31PM
It's really such a touching post. Thanks for sharing and the pics are great too. Have a good time at the party.

Pete
December 15, 2011 02:14PM
How sweet that she'll always be remembered there, with the award in her name. Thanks for sharing.
December 17, 2011 10:08PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks for your support. I made it through the party. It was truly a beautiful tribute for Jordan. Along with the presentation of the determination award, several people shared loving & funny memories of Jordan and her personality. Then the farm owner announced that the memorial fund created in her memory will fund a new program, "Horses for Heroes". The program will provide free therapeutic riding for veterans who suffered a disability-physical or emotional- as well as their family members. And yes, I cried the whole ride home.. not just in sorrow of missing Jordan... but in the pride of how she had, has, and continues to impact so many people!
December 18, 2011 05:26AM
Stacy, i'm so glad that the event went so well, and was SO heartwarming for you. I meant to post a few days ago, you pictures of Jordan are SO beautiful, she was and still is so very very precious.
December 18, 2011 11:51AM
Stacy,
Jordan has been such an inspiration and blessing to so many people and will continue to be so. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
Paula
December 18, 2011 10:50PM
Jordan was really beautiful! What a great tribute, a memory you will always treasure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login