Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

One year today

Posted by Barb 
One year today
October 17, 2011 01:56AM
Today was one year since Dan passed. Last night i was very very sad, in fact very upset, because i just did NOT want it to be one year, but today was better. I did something today that i wanted to do. I went to my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary party. It was a beautiful celebration, and i was very happy to be with family today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2011 02:03AM by Barb.
Re: One year today
October 17, 2011 06:22AM
Loss is so difficult. Good for you in joining in on the celebration and finding solice in family.
Stacy
October 17, 2011 07:52AM
Barb:

I am so sorry, the first year goes by and you wonder what happened. My mother is gone 13 years and every year I can't believe it. So glad you did something you wanted on that day. Good looking out for you Barb!
October 17, 2011 08:11AM
Barb, I'm glad you were able to be with family. God bless you.

Patty
October 17, 2011 09:18AM
Sometimes a year can seem to go by too fast can't it? I too am glad you were with family today surrounded by happiness. I think you have made a lot of progress in this year Barb, I always look forward to hearing from you. Love you, PatRose
October 17, 2011 09:29AM
Take care Barb. I'm thinking about you.
Patty
October 17, 2011 12:08PM
Barb, ((((HUGS)))). I'm sure Dan is happy & proud that overall you've adjusted so well and have had an absolutely amazing attitude. But he'd probably be OK with you having some sad times here & there too. Of course it's OK/healthy to miss him. Hang in there.
October 17, 2011 03:07PM
Barb-

Life can be tough at times and I feel bad that you had a rough day yesterday but I am glad you did something good for you today. We don't know what we would do without you here so we all need you to take care of yourself.
Hope you are having a bright sunny day today.
Sharon
October 17, 2011 03:55PM
I'm happy you are doing better Barb. I hope you have a wonderful week.
October 19, 2011 03:24PM
Awe, thank you so much everyone. Sometimes i just know i can say im having a hard time, and that you guys all care, and that helps me smiling smiley I've actually been very very busy too last couple of weeks, so im gonna start another thread and tell you guys all about it smiling smiley
October 19, 2011 08:04PM
Barb, Hugs from me, too!
October 21, 2011 01:26AM
Wow Barb! I'm a little late here. . but just wanted to acknowledge this important day. Hard to believe it's been a year. Some days it probably feels like a year and others it still feels like 5 minutes ago. Sending a hug Barb. . . ((())) smiling smiley
October 22, 2011 02:58AM
Thank you mj and carell. Yeah, that's the problem, it does feel like just 5 mins ago. Don't know how to explain it, but i've had trouble believing that this is real, because, well, he didn't have an illness where you knew something was going to happen...and the day it happened there was no adrenalin rush of any kind. No going to the er, and then someone saying he's passed. Nothing like that. I just couldnt wake him up. So i called 911, and i thought an ambulance would be coming, but instead police, and i just kept trying to wake him, every few mins for next 3 hours til coroner got there. So because of how it happened, i still find myself saying sometimes, come on dan, just wake up. So yes ive had my grief too, but ive had a lot of feeling of shock too, of it not being real...and so i guess one year makes it more real i guess, and that's what i don't like, and nothing i can do about it, on the other hand, ive done very good this year too, so thats all
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login