Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

on our way to COE

Posted by klivin 
on our way to COE
September 30, 2011 07:49AM
check up today. Willbe speaking to that Social Worker....wish me luck!
Re: on our way to COE
September 30, 2011 08:34AM
Good luck! I will be thinking about you today.
September 30, 2011 12:37PM
Good luck!
October 04, 2011 10:17PM
Hi -
I have been off the boards for a bit - how did it go for you at the COE and with the social worker?
October 05, 2011 10:14AM
Our COE visit was quite interesting. My husband called to confirm the time and low and behold they did not have us down for an appointment. They "fit us in with the psychiatrist and neurologist" but alas, the SW was not available to meet with us. While my husband was in with the psychiatrist the SW was in the front office--I was working on a midterm on my laptop and busy...she did not speak to me or make any eye contact. When we finished our appoinment she briefly spoke with me about our next appointment which she suggested we email rather than schedule there. All in all it was unproductive because she refuses to work with me now. Its quite disturbing. On a better note, both the psychiatrist and neuro did speak with us. According to both, Ken is doing very well and according to the neuro has hit a "plateau" . He does not feel that the movements are significant and he is doing well on the Celexa 20 mg which the Dr continues to prescribe. The woman in charge of clinical trials stopped me as well to discuss the CAB trial that we had inquired about. She had stated that she did not think that Ken would be eligible originally but if they loosen the criteria she would let us know. In addition we have to return in 9 months instead of 6. All in all it was a good positive visit. Ken is scheduled to start school on Oct 20th and is looking forward. His driving eval came back great and it is suggested by the driving school that he be regularly monitored due to the nature of the disease. I will be speaking with the social worker who runs the local group instead of the one at the COE. That SW, has had a family history of HD.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login