Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Bifocals?

Posted by MRO 
MRO
Bifocals?
September 27, 2011 09:55PM
My husband went to the eye doctor the other day. It was suggested that he get bifocals. I am wondering if the no line bifocals are a problem with pHDs. They have a middle vision spot that can create motion sickness.

The choices are the hard line bifocal, a no line bifocal or a pair of reading glasses and a pair for distance.

I think the spare pair won't work.
Re: Bifocals?
September 27, 2011 10:05PM
Hey Maria, i have a pair of bifocals that i can't use at all, with hd and slow eye saccades, my eyes can't adjust quickly enough and i lose my balance really bad, so i just use regular reading glasses now. Hope this helps.

PS mine were hardline

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 10:12PM by Barb.
eve
September 28, 2011 07:56AM
See if they offer a warranty if you try one type and it doesn't work will they do an exchange (without extra charge) until he is satisfied. If they won't, it might be wise to get 2 different pairs...one for reading and the other for distance. It is more of a nuisance, but often is the best solution for people who might have balance issues.
MRO
October 01, 2011 10:03PM
Thanks for the responses!
October 02, 2011 05:17PM
At our last eye Dr. visit they gave my Phd bifocals. Yes they make him sick to his stomach.
Took him for a new exam through the VA and have a new prescription without bifocals.
We don't need anything else making him dizzy or sick so it just didn't work for us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login