Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

9th anniversary: 9/20/2011

Posted by klivin 
9th anniversary: 9/20/2011
September 20, 2011 09:03AM
Today is my 9th anniversary. My husband and I were separate for over two years and reconciled about a year ago. This year has really been wonderful and I am so grateful that he is in my life and my children's life. I hate this spector "huntington" and how it has take up residence in my life...hiding around a corner waiting to steal my family. I look to science and the internet to provide the hope that I sometimes can"t muster up within myself. The only gift I want this year is hope. Hope for the future in the form of a treatment. Something that will give me some semblance of life as I know it now. It is a tall order but one I am hoping will be filled soon so I can get another 9 years, and another, and another......
Re: 9th anniversary: 9/20/2011
September 20, 2011 09:25AM
Congratulations and I wish another 50 for you!

All we have in life many times is hope but there are so many things around the corner that will help those with HD. There are so many
things now that were not available years ago. I have been married 42 years and without some of those meds that may not have been possible
either so there is help and hope.

Again, congratulations!!

Shar
September 20, 2011 09:50AM
Thanks Shar....yours is a story that I look to "on the internet" for hope...when I have gone back over your posts I see that it hasn't always been easy, but you still have made it through. You always inspire me. Thanks!
September 20, 2011 11:17AM
My inspiration comes from people like yourself and those who post on the board - also realizing things can always be worse.
Life would definitely be better without HD, however, life can be worse.
September 20, 2011 06:20PM
Happy Anniversary! Sharing my heart

Carla
September 20, 2011 06:25PM
Oh Happy Anniversary!!! And i'm so glad it's been a good year for you, and wishing for many more good years too!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
September 20, 2011 06:30PM
Congratulations! That is a big accomplishment, especially having split then reconciled. I hope you're spending a lovely evening together.
September 20, 2011 10:23PM
Thanks everyone! I actually spent the dayat work and night in class, but overall a good day....complete with tickets to see a comedian we both love in November. I'm your cheerleader
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login