Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Happy Anniversary to me smiling smiley

Posted by Barb 
Happy Anniversary to me smiling smiley
September 03, 2011 10:17PM
It's my wedding anniversary today, and i am very happy smiling smiley Everything else this year has been sad, birthdays, valentine's day, etc, and so i thought this would be sad too, but it isn't, i was looking forward to this day all week, which really surprised me! We were only 19 when we got married, and the odds were against us, with a babe on the way too, but last year we had out 34th anniversary! And so, i decided, we didn't divorce, i am a widow, so i can celebrate this anniversary and say, i'm really really happy today. Will i ever marry again? No. The reason is marriage is Very hard work, and a lot of give and take from each person. I did this once, it was worth it. But i wont do this again. I will forever be married to Dan, and will always be happy on our anniversary smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2011 02:00AM by Barb.
MRO
Re: Happy Anniversary to me smiling smiley
September 03, 2011 10:44PM
Happy Anniversary Barb, my anniversary to my 'just a phD' is Monday, 25 years together and 19 married.
September 04, 2011 08:53AM
Happy Happy Anniversery! That's quite a milestone! Love ya, Pat
September 04, 2011 01:03PM
Happy Anniversary Barb!
September 04, 2011 04:39PM
Awe, love you too Pat smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

And thanks Fred smiling smiley

I had a real nice day, and i'm now planning what i will do on the anniversary of Dan's passing, which is coming up sooner than i realized, so i'm already making special plans, because i've decided that that will be a nice day too smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2011 04:42PM by Barb.
September 06, 2011 07:35AM
Wonderful post Barb. Yes, this day can be forever celebrated for the love you and Dan shared. I wish you many fond memories today and time with your family.

Patty
September 06, 2011 06:41PM
Thank you Patty smiling smiley
September 07, 2011 10:00AM
Barb,
I love your spirit...I love that you have decided that these wonderful times remembered will be happy ones for you. Because we can choose how we wish to feel, it takes effort and sometimes we don't quite make it but choosing happiness is a great thing to do. Take care and enjoy.

Carla
September 07, 2011 12:05PM
Happy Anniversary Barb! Have a great day full of wonderful memories!
September 08, 2011 04:30AM
Thanks Carla and Julie smiling smiley

My next plan is quitting smoking. Had this plan on my mind for awhile. So went to talk to my doc about it today, and she even had free patch and gum samples smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley I was very happy about that. Yup, so tomorrow morning i quit, and i will prob hibernate in bed all day lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2011 04:31AM by Barb.
September 08, 2011 12:27PM
I am an expert at quiting ive done it so many times.
the patch does work fine after the first few days.
the latest thing I did was the ecig. I havent had areal cigaret in months easy as pie.
I love the ecig just as much as the old one annd probably more because i smoke it any time and in the house.
laura
September 08, 2011 06:16PM
Glad the e-cig is working for you Laura, good job smiling smiley Yes, today is sucky lol, patch working so-so, and gum well, so-so too lol, but im not in bed crying like i thought i would be lol, just not very functional today lol.
September 08, 2011 06:46PM
with the patch I found the first three days were hard then things slowly got better. so hang in there!!
Laura
September 08, 2011 08:28PM
Thank you Laura! smiling smiley I am hanging in there smiling smiley First day of quitting smoking is not going great, but, it's also not going terrible smiling smiley So im quite pleased. I'm using patches and gum, and when im done with the patches, i will keep using the gum for as long as i need to or want to smiling smiley I personally think nicotine is good for my hd, but, smoking it is much worse for my lungs and overall health, so the gum will be a good thing, and much cheaper than smoking. I was so happy that my doc just happened to have patches and gum at her office, helping so much smiling smiley Over the summer, my smoking increased from half a pack a day, to a pack a day, just because of stress. But, on a widow's pension, that made my smoking go from 100.00/month to 200.00/ dollars /month, which is just way too much. I know dan wanted me to quit smoking, so i decided months ago, that i would smoke through the all the birthdays and anniversarys this year, for my own stress levels, but had already decided i was going to quit right after our anniversary, and that's what i'm doing smiling smiley So im real pleased with myself that i'm actually doing it, and sticking to my plan, and getting help from my doctor with it too smiling smiley So, very cool. And i have plans for the anniversary of dan's death, which is coming up quicker than i can believe, oct 16, but i have good plans for that day. Soooo, im getting there lol smiling smiley Thanks for your thoughts and support smiling smiley
September 08, 2011 09:18PM
Good for you Barb! I've heard that quitting smoking is very hard and it sounds like are doing a great job! I'm always amazed at how you handle difficult situations! Happy Anniversary!!
September 08, 2011 09:24PM
Awe, thank you Judy smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
September 12, 2011 07:26PM
Day 5...no smoking smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley And doing okish, so that means doing great
Luz
September 13, 2011 10:23AM
I'm a little late, but happy anniversary, Barb and Dan! Those of us lucky enough to have been able to experience true love should always celebrate it! After all, we've worked hard for it.

I'm also extremelly glad you've decided to quit smoking! Keep going, Barb!
September 13, 2011 04:13PM
Hey Barb,

Happy belated anniversary.

I wanted to chime in about cigarettes. I smoked for years and years, more than 25. When I quit on Nov. 22, 2006 I went straight for the Commit lozenges. I used them until the summer of 2010 (4 years). I switched addictions. I preferred the lozenges over the gum because I could do it anywhere and nobody knew I was getting my fix. My craving for nicotine never goes away and I always love the smell of cigarette smoke. Good luck with quitting – one day at a time.

Pete
September 13, 2011 10:09PM
my man and i are getting married november the 26th this year while he is still ok we have been together for 21 years and finally getting married..... hopefully we can make it to 30 years there will be never another man like him
kellie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login