Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

more good news

Posted by klivin 
more good news
August 30, 2011 11:04PM
My husband was approved by ACCES to return to school for his CASAC-(certified alcohol substance abuse counselor) ACCES is paying his full tuition and he is write now writing his essay. I am nervous about challenges he may encounter with the disease and his ability to complete, but I am also so proud of him for pursuing his goal/dream. My son is about to enter preschool, I am a second year grad student and working full time and my daughter an honor student..we are a family of students!!! Lol.
Re: more good news
August 30, 2011 11:50PM
That is good news! You were hoping for that smiling smiley
August 31, 2011 12:20AM
Fantastic news!! What a wonderful thing for him! Keep that brain active - good for everyone but especially HD+. So happy for you all!
August 31, 2011 08:43AM
I really am so proud......it is an 11 month program, it will be challenging for him as he has not been in school in a long time (he was in the restaurant business for many years) but my daughter and I are helping him and he is really excited. I was also becoming concerned because with my son going to school and he was home full time with the kids...well, what would he do. School will keep him active and it is something he is committed to and passionate about. So yeah!!! A good day!
August 31, 2011 09:36AM
Great news!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login