Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Metaphor for my HD Mind!

Posted by Debbie 
Metaphor for my HD Mind!
August 23, 2001 12:18PM
I'm walking with the dog, and he slips out of his collar and gets away. Though I call to him, "Come back this minute," he just keeps running. Everything in sight he worries at. He barks and atttacks. He is trouble through and through. There I am, perfectly calm, sane, quiet, as I watch my bad dog running away from me, never heeling or coming to me when he's called. People around me don't see how nice I really am -- they judge me by that darn naughty dog. If he sees a little squirrel, he's got to worry about it, never leave it alone, bark at it till he's exhausted or until he sees something else to go after. I keep calling him back. Sometimes I laugh at his complete disobedience, at his obsession to get right down to the root of every problem and then root around some more. But mostly he makes me feel sad and hopeless and irritated. Though I usually love dogs, this particular one I dislike intensely. If I could, I'd have him destroyed. He is a thoroughly bad dog, and his name is HD.
RE: Metaphor for my HD Mind!
August 24, 2001 08:17PM
aaah Debbie,Thats the trick about that dog,it is running loose in our neighborhood also, it can,t be destroyed yet,and the bad thing is you must Distroy your own wishes for a Family to even Fence that dog in.Best To You. Ron C.
Jim
RE: Metaphor for my HD Mind!
September 07, 2001 08:19PM
Debbie,
The dog does not want to be a pet, it wants to run free and associate with other dogs. Let it go. I'm curious about your diet. Would it be too much trouble to email me a list of the foods you eat on an average day?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login