Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Caring people on this forum

Posted by paulabhouck 
Caring people on this forum
August 09, 2011 02:05PM
I wanted to comment on the amount of caring responses that so many pople are giving to others on this Forum. It is so inspirational. I want to thank you for what you are doing for each other. I haven't walked in many of your shoes, since I was not a spouse of an HD affected person or a parent of a child living in an HD household or the parent of a child with, or at risk for HD. I was the sister of a man who developed HD in his thirties and the daughter of a man who developed HD is his sixties and the grandaughter of a woman who developed HD in her late sixties. I admire your caring kindness and support for each other on this forum. I especially admire your support when I know some of you are personally going through difficult times with the HD person in your life or dealing with other difficult issues in your own life, while you offer support to others on the Forum.

Paula
Re: Caring people on this forum
August 09, 2011 02:14PM
Hey Paula - I'd have to second that emotion. I think everyone here realizes how important it is to have someone who REALLY understands and gets it. Unless you are living it you can't really understand. I think everyone has benefitted from the experiences and words of others and, knowing how important it is to them wants to give back and help others if they can. I think this forum is pricess to so many - it is for me. The info, support etc. found here can not be found elsewhere... this forum has put the COE that we went to to shame!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login