Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

new from north Louisiana

Posted by plterral 
new from north Louisiana
July 22, 2011 03:13PM
hi everyone
I have been registered here for years but have not posted just read.I am a mother of 3 beautiful daughters Ashley,Stephanie and Stacie(twins). I live in North Louisiana.The girls father passed away with HD in 2003.I hate this disease !!!!!!!! It tears families apart.I am really needing advise and friendship to get through this.My story is familiar as some that i have read over the years .In 2006 ashley(23 years of age) and stephanie( 21 years of age) were diagnosed with HD. In 2008 Ashley committed suicide she just could not live with HD she would say mom i cant work ,Drive ,Be a productive adult and can not have babies.Ashley was married and had a degree from college.She just seem to spiral downward when the test results came back positive.Stephanie lives with me she turned 26 years old yesterday.Stacie is married 2 kids and seems to be doing well(i pray everyday please dont let this disease take my third child).If their is anybody here from North Louisiana i sure would like to get to know you.Living with this disease can be very lonely.I have read some really good stories and topics here.I hope to find some really good friends here some good advise.

Pat Terral
Re: new from north Louisiana
July 22, 2011 05:09PM
Hey Pat. Welcome. I'm glad you posted.

Pete
July 22, 2011 05:17PM
I want to say welcome also Pat. I don't talk here much but I read everyday & don't know what I'd do without these wise people. Seems like there is always someone who has good thoughts & suggestions. I have learned & try to remember every HD situation is different & we all must travel that road as best we can with our PHD but there is always someone here to advise or assist if they can.

Lucy
July 23, 2011 01:51AM
Pat, i'm so very sorry, everything you have been through. Thank you for sharing your story, hd does destroy so many lives and families. Welcome to the forum
July 23, 2011 06:45AM
Welcome Pat. Thanks for sharing - I am glad you decided to. I have also found this site to be an invaluable source of support and info. Seems like everyone has something to gain AND something to give...
July 23, 2011 03:27PM
Welcome again to the forum, Pat. I am glad you are posting. I am so sorry for your losses. Like you, I am praying for treatments to come soon for our children and those already affected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login