Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

RESTORIL (TEMAZEPAM)

Posted by LizzieAnn 
RESTORIL (TEMAZEPAM)
July 14, 2011 02:14PM
Any Phd try or using Restoril (temzaepam)? Mine has been prescribed for help to sleep. Worked like a champ the 1st night/slept all they way through when before days and nights were all mixed up. It's a sleep aid/treatment for anxiety. Worried about longterm use but I guess why worry about that when he's not getting sleep and loosing weight like crazy.
Wondering if anybody else has tried or is taking it and how it worked in their situation or any problems?
Re: RESTORIL (TEMAZEPAM)
July 14, 2011 03:05PM
I actually just ordered this for my dad from his Hospice team 2 days ago. It should be to my house TODAY, in which we will use TONIGHT. So i will let you know how it goes. Like yours, my father has his days and nights mixed up and seems to stay up all night hooting and hollering keeping us up. So, we are trying it!
July 14, 2011 03:21PM
It worked so well the 1st night that he was sleeping very deep and snoring like a freight train going through the house, I got very little sleep due to the excessive loud snoring (like he's never done before)I surrender If that's the case for you, don't plan on anyone in the house getting any sleep. Seems I can't win this one but, I'm glad he got some good sleep!
July 28, 2011 09:23AM
Well, this med didn't last long. 3rd night taking Phd had total loss of bladder control (doc said he was sleeping so deep he didn't realize he had to go to relieve himself). After that night he was not getting full night sleep on it.....so, in the end we opted to quit the sleep medications and just let him sleep whenever he wants. If he's up at night..so be it..since he has moved to another bedroom I am getting sleep.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login