Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Posted by red1952 
June 05, 2011 01:36PM
Hello everybody,
I would like to introduce my self, Im a very nervous new member,my son and I have both tested positive and would like to contribute to
this forum, may I say how wonderfully brave you all are .
thank you red1952.
Re: new member
June 05, 2011 02:47PM
hello Red and welcome to the forum!
Laura
June 05, 2011 04:19PM
Red,

No need to be nervous. You're truly among friends here. Talk to us whenever you feel like it. Welcome!

Will
Raleigh, NC, USA
June 05, 2011 05:19PM
Welcome - you have found a great place for info an support.
June 05, 2011 07:16PM
Welcome! This is a great place. I have found great advice and support here.
June 05, 2011 09:18PM
Welcome to the forum, happy to have you and your son!

Carla
June 05, 2011 09:50PM
Hi Red,

I'm sorry that you and your son have been diagnose positive for HD but I'm so glad you found this great community.
June 06, 2011 02:05AM
Hi red and welcome. Please tell us a little about yourself, when you feel up to it. Did you and your son test at the same time? And how long has it been since your results? So sorry for your diagnosis
June 06, 2011 07:21AM
Welcome, Red. Sorry for your reasons for being here, but so glad you've found this place. Please don't be nervous, just be yourself.
June 06, 2011 10:31AM
Hi thank you for our very nice welcome ,all to busy until now' i was diagnosed 4 years ago, following my mothers diagnosis 8years ago no one in the family previous. my fatherr and family looked after my mother until she died 3years ago. my fathert 24 7 . it was very difficult, even though i am a nurse,to watch my mother who became very aggressive,developingl the illness which i did not know if I had it or not.my son was getting married, and wanted to know for his partners sake. i decided it would be to difficult for them to keep the pretense from me. I was diagnosed positive, my son went six month later and had a postiive result. my 2 brothers are in denial, but my older brother has had symptoms for many years. he has been diagnosed positive, still working at 63 but cant drive. , anyway the information I want to pass on is a glass of red wine seems to help and q10 from a chemist. i began taking q10 from the beginning , me and my son go into deep depression moods for no apparant reason, it only lasts about a day anyway i am on a new anti deppresion tablet, which is none addictive at present feeling very good, the noises that someone noticed are like agrunt when ido the occasional grunt i increase the q 10, this seems to make me back to normal what ever normal is.[ anyway i have alot to say and appreciate your comments .lovely to here from you all and.thanks from me and my family,excuse any mistakes. red 52 xx.

ps does anybody know when ticket allocations are due for the olympics,would love to go if poss, thank you.
June 06, 2011 08:11PM
Welcome, Red!
June 07, 2011 03:06AM
Red, thanks so much for telling us a bit more smiling smiley That must have been so hard when your mom was diagnosed, with no family history. I want to give you Huge credit for one thing. When your son wanted to marry and test to start a family, you tested before him, so his testing wouldn't have to be a secret burden, that is huge what you did. I'm in the early stages too, and you seem to take a positive diagnosis, and try to take charge of your hd. I'm sorry you and your son are positive, but glad you found us here smiling smiley
June 07, 2011 08:31AM
Welcome, Red.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login