Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Im going to Cuba next week I'm your cheerleader

Posted by Lorraine 
Im going to Cuba next week I'm your cheerleader
May 25, 2011 04:46PM
... on holiday for 2 weeks... ill feel closer to all you dwellers of the North American continent...

Im on a quest to conquer all countries that have thus far escaped my travelliness...... India for xmas last year Cuba now and destination unknown for later on in the year.... any ideas????

(Note to self : must spend all childrens inheritance asap)

I'll give you a wave across the florida straits with my spare hand thats not holding a Mojito cool smiley

PS I have been reading up on history of Cuba.. and im interested to know how you Americans actually feel about the place? Do you sneak over there flying in from other countries.. or are you not keen to visit? If you do go are the Cuban people nice to you? Literature seems to point to on going hostilities but I dont know if thats just at government level or what the populace think?

Lorraine
Re: Im going to Cuba next week I'm your cheerleader
May 25, 2011 04:58PM
I hope you have agreat time Lorraine. Have a mojito for me!!!!!!!!!
Laura
jsr
May 25, 2011 05:01PM
Well, there's a very strict embargo on Americans visiting there, but I don't know if Obama loosened that any since taking office. As it stands, any American citizen who travels there faces intense scrutiny and possibly jail time, and God help him if he buys anything
May 27, 2011 03:18AM
Oh wow, that sounds fantastic Lorraine! Yes, you want more ideas for later in the year...go to the world congress for hd in australia this year, in september, it came here to vancouver two years ago, and i had a fantastic time! Yeck, you want to spend your kids inheritance, take me with you!!! lol smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
May 27, 2011 03:08PM
I've had a couple of friends from here in California go to Cuba on cultural and agricultural tours respectively. They enjoyed the trip and found the Cuban reaction to them very friendly.

I've grown up with Cuba quarantined and off limits and I think that the general feeling here is that it's a ridiculous situation that would quickly change if the Cuban exiles in Florida weren't such an important voting block. We're probably more of a threat to the Cuban way of life than vice versa.

Because of the embargo, Cuba is essentially stuck in the Sixties in some respects. To someone my age, that doesn't sound all that bad. I LIKED the Sixties.
May 27, 2011 04:21PM
I would love to travel to Cuba and drink beer and smoke Cuban cigars with Hemingway, Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa and DB Cooper. I'm sure they're still alive and living there. smileys with beer

Will
May 27, 2011 05:59PM
cuba and canada are great friends. want to go
May 28, 2011 01:18AM
I want to go tooooooooo smiling smiley Me dusty and lorraine can drink the beer, and will can smoke the cigars LOL smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
May 30, 2011 05:09AM
Ive never been to a communist coutry so it will be an eye opener... 2 of the people im going with have been there before and they have also been to Russia back in the 80s a couple of times..... they say its very different to what we are used to... I love to travel to places and learn about the politics etc... trouble is i struggle to remember it all now. Never mind doesnt detract from the fun of learning.

I cant afford to take you all with me but i wish i could ... what a lovely thing it would be to be wealthy enough to buy people holidays and surprise them with the tickets!

I need to start doing the lottery again....
May 30, 2011 08:49AM
every kid has a computer at school, you will find its more caring than americans think. some beaches are nude. i spent the winter looking for c heap flights to cub.a
May 30, 2011 10:35PM
If you win, I wanna come too!!

Have a great trip!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login