Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Raymond

Posted by mjdelcon 
Raymond
April 25, 2011 10:48PM
Hi, All,
It's been a little while since I last posted, as things had been very difficult for a while. You may not remember me, but I wanted you all to know that during very difficult times, you all gave me such amazing hope and courage to face what was to come. It is with great sadness and a broken heart that I tell you that our beautiful Raymond went to be with the Lord early Saturday morning. He had struggled so much over the past year, really, so I find comfort knowing he is at peace . . .of course, though, I will miss him so very, very much. He was such a special person and touched so many lives. He fought so hard in the end and just didn't want to leave us, but I know that he's now watching over our son, Joey and I, and we will always have him by our side and in our hearts.

Through all the difficulties with HD, I'm so happy that we were able to keep such a strong bond and commitment to each other. Our son forever will know that his father loved him so very much and was so very proud of him. Ray's greatest joy was seeing Joey grow up and watching him do anything and everything. I know that he'll be my forever love, and I can't wait to see him again someday . . . thank you all again.

With Love,
Michelle
Re: Raymond
April 25, 2011 11:02PM
Michelle, I'm so very very sorry. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. He sounds like he was a very special man (((hugs)))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2011 11:26PM by Barb.
April 25, 2011 11:24PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Michelle. I will be thinking of you and your family and praying for strength and comfort for you in the days ahead. Thanks for letting us know.
April 25, 2011 11:28PM
I am so sorry for your loss! My prayers go out to you and your son.
April 25, 2011 11:42PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. i am sure he will be missed.
April 25, 2011 11:45PM
Your love for him shines through in your words. I hope you will find peace.
April 26, 2011 06:57AM
So very sorry for your and Joey's loss, I hope that happy memories gone by will help during this sad time. Blessings, Pat
April 26, 2011 07:32AM
Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry. But so glad you have your faith to help you through such a difficult time. What you and Raymond had was obviously so special, and I also believe those really special bonds transcend this world. I hope you can, in time, find enjoyment again in this world, while you wait to be reunited with him later.
April 26, 2011 09:05AM
Michelle.
My heart goeas out to you and your family during this difficult time. May you continue to find pease and see happiness as you watch your son grow in Raymond's memory.
Patty
April 26, 2011 09:38AM
So sorry for your loss Michelle. He sounds like a very special person. You can hear the love that you shared come through in your words. My thoughts are with you.
April 26, 2011 01:35PM
I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I will be praying for you! You are in m y thoughts and prayers!
pab
April 27, 2011 04:45AM
I am very sorry for your loss to you and your family. Take care, Paula
April 28, 2011 08:26PM
So sorry for your loss. Take care of you and Joey.

Carla
eve
April 29, 2011 09:30PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm happy that you can take comfort in your memoies.
April 30, 2011 11:05PM
Thank you, Everyone. It's been a difficult week, but Joey and I are doing the best we can. I find myself wanting to read all your posts even more now, like there's a connection to all of you that I don't want to lose . . .
May 01, 2011 12:17AM
You won't lose us hon, so glad for your update...hang in there
May 09, 2011 12:50AM
Hi Michelle- My God, I don't know how I missed this post. I was reading another when you made reference, so I searched. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I had read your posts and thought of how very lucky Ray was that he had such love and caring w/you and your mom. The story you told was so touching and heartbreaking at the same time. You know, it was always my worst nightmare to think of watching loved ones suffer. Well. . people often say that most of our 'worst nightmares' never come true. Lucky us, huh?
Though I could never really imagine watching a spouse (or a child as many of you do) go through this nightmare of a struggle. Your story brought me much strength also as my family proceeds along this path. Thanks so much for sharing your, Joey, and Ray's story. I'm glad you've found some of your own strength here through others. We're always here for you- so keep coming back smiling smiley Sending virtual hugs your way (((()))). Stay strong- you can do this. Thinking of you and wishing you strength and healing during this time.
May 09, 2011 09:13PM
Carell, Thank you so much for you post and your kind words. I'll definitely be sticking around for a long time! Have a great day!

Michelle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login