Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

thin ice

Posted by Eric 
thin ice
April 14, 2011 08:36PM
Ok there are three guys who have nothing to do with each other. A doctor demonstrating the choreiform gait on youtube, a rapper preforming a pretty gross rap song, and third who put the two together. What I am sure of is no disrespect was meant to people with HD. The guy who put them together probably doesn't even know what HD is. I always thought dance like movement that the word "chorea" represents was imaginative at best because i never saw a dance. But now I do. I don't think people with HD or family has a great sensitivity worrying about being politically correct. But if you are prone to looking for the offense you may find it here. So don't watch this. Otherwise.... HD in pop culture.

[www.youtubedoubler.com]
Re: thin ice
April 17, 2011 10:26PM
I thought it poorly done. (The doctor's monologue should have been edited out, but wasn't).

But I thought the demonstration of the chorea was interesting. So I went to the premixed url which is below

[www.youtube.com]

There are other related educational videos demonstrating other types of gaits. Thanks for finding this Eric.

Steve

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 07:31AM by SteveI.
April 17, 2011 11:22PM
I think it's just made from a "fun" site where anyone can put any two videos together. You can turn the sound down on either one of the videos. I didn't know what to make of it really... it was just kinda there. smiling smiley When i first saw it I was surfing, nothing to do with HD... and didn't make the HD connection. i didn't know the term choreiform gait and it didn't click... but i thought it looked like HD. So i went straight to the youtube video too.. and watched the different gaits he demonstrates. So i got a lot of bang for my surfing buck smiling smiley
April 18, 2011 07:33AM
You're right. It was a fun site and the critique was ludicrous.
MRO
April 18, 2011 05:44PM
I wasn't offended, but I don't have chorea. I was surprised how much of the things I heard described my hubby has, too bad the music interfered with the description.
April 18, 2011 05:58PM
steves link is just for the doctor alone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login