Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Caregivers Meeting for Tim

Posted by carla 
Caregivers Meeting for Tim
April 12, 2011 08:31PM
Just got home from visiting Tim and attending his caregivers meeting. The social services director was there, the charge nurse on Tim's wing, the activities director, dietary, Tim and me and my friend Cathy (who took notes).

The meeting went well. Everyone was in agreement that Tim was doing great (including Tim), they all expressed how well he got along with the staff and other residents. The activities director was teasing Tim a little because he keeps inviting him to play bingo and he won't go. Tim said it's boring! So, we talked about bringing down our Mexican Train game (dominos) this Saturday when we go down to visit and see if we can't get some of the residents to play that with us. Tim loves to play that game and he shows no mercy to me about kicking butt!

We talked about getting some of the residents involved in our John Turner Memorial walk that takes place in STL on April 30th benefitting HD. We have nearly 30 walkers this year on our team. We are Stratmann's HD Warriors, both Mike and Tim approved of the name. thumbs up

His meds have remained the same and since he moved there in January, they have not had to give him the Ativan that was ordered PRN. As some of you may remember, the initial move was quite traumatic.

All in all, the meeting reinforced what I've been seeing these past 3 months, Tim is thriving, animated and fully engaged in his new environment.
The charge nurse said they all love him and he is very sweet. I'm innocent (awww)
Saturday when we go down, Mike will be coming with us for the first time. I hope and pray that he copes well. I think he will do fine.

Talk to you guys soon and thanks again for all the great support and advise I was given...it means so much!

Carla
Re: Caregivers Meeting for Tim
April 12, 2011 08:52PM
Carla,

I am so happy for you and Tim. I remember how hard it was for you to place him in a nursing home. It was definitely the right decision for both of you. I also have found that my husband is doing extremely well since being moved closer to home. I hope that other people can learn from our experiences and realize that nursing home placement doesn't have to be a bad thing.
April 12, 2011 09:48PM
Wow - that is fantastic... so happy for Tim, you and your entire family...
April 13, 2011 12:53AM
It's so nice to see that something is going OK. Words cannot express the relief I feel for you Carla. smiling smiley
April 13, 2011 03:01AM
Carla, i'm so happy for you and your family, things have been going much better for sure smiling smiley
April 13, 2011 07:40AM
I am so happy to read this! I am glad things are going so well for Tim.
April 13, 2011 11:59AM
Carla,

I am so happy to hear that Tim is doing so well.

paula
April 13, 2011 03:55PM
April 16, 2011 08:46AM
Great news Carla. I'm so pleased for both of you that the move has had a positive outcome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login