Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Web Works

Posted by SteveI 
Web Works
April 03, 2011 08:54PM
Hello all.

My objective for this weekend was to migrate all of the HDAC articles (over 600) over from HDAC.org to HDLF.org. The data transfer took longer than I expected (as always) but is reasonably complete.

I have a few things I'd still like to do to. There are a few anomolies from the migration that need cleanup. We also have several static pages from the hdlighthouse.org Web site that need to be moved over.

We also have a lot of work in front of us to create new "topic pages" and clean up the few that we already have. But we're energized by the opportunity to do some things that we haven't been able to to before.

Unfortunately it's tax season so giving Caesar what he demands takes priority over the next couple of weeks. If anyone sees anything that's not working for them please PM me.

Thanks,
Steve
Coffee and computer
Re: Web Works
April 04, 2011 09:12AM
I am now getting over my fear of change and getting excited about the new site. When it's done people will be able to go to the forum as usual. They will be able to go to the Lighthouse section and see the latest research updates, or click on a tag like say, BDNF and see all the articles on BDNF. We'll be able to go to the HDAC section and see all the latest updates in chronological order too. Another possibility is to go to a major tropic such as Juvenile Huntington's Disease where you will see an overview and then be able go to all the research updates on JHD, or the personal stories on JHD, helpful outside links (such as to HOPES coverage of JHD), and related topics (such as CAG counts for example).
April 04, 2011 12:42PM
You both ROCK!!Good job

Carla
April 04, 2011 12:54PM
Thanks. I'm just excited that all of the HDAC articles and all of the HDlighthouse articles are now being served up from the same system.

There are a lot of old HDlighthouse articles that are old school HTML pages that I need to figure out how to migrate to the database. There's always one more project in the queue.
April 04, 2011 01:30PM
Thanks for all your hard work Marsha and Steve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login