Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Bad reaction!

Posted by Alice 
Bad reaction!
March 21, 2011 10:47PM
I feel crazy tonight. The dr let me try Seroquel to see if it would help with my aching muscles. I started four nights ago with a small dose. Almost overnight I felt a layer of pain ease away, which was neat. But then yesterday and today I've had terrible spasms in my legs, and my mind is coo coo. I can't take it, I guess. I called the dr but he didn't call back, grrrr, so I'm just going to take my trazadone tonight instead. This is too much. Barb, did you have any restless legs or other side effects? I wish it would work out for me.
Re: Bad reaction!
March 22, 2011 12:36AM
Alice, im sooo sorry you're not feeling well. Wish i could give you a hug. No ive never had a bad reaction to seroquel, it even helps my restless leg syndrome, but, i did have a bad reaction one time when they tried to switch me from brand name seroquel to generic, very bad reaction, very very restless and agitated, so i went back to the name brand, and everything was fine again. It's hard to say Alice, everyone reacts so dif to each med, i hope you can get some help from your doctor really quick, hang in there
March 22, 2011 12:39AM
PS Alice did he take you off the trazadone, and switch to seroquel, or did he add the seroquel to the trazadone. What dose of seroquel did he try you on Alice?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2011 12:40AM by Barb.
March 22, 2011 06:15AM
Hi Barb, it was 50, I think, and I was to stop the traz. and take the seroq. instead. Last night, since the dr didn't call, I just took the traz. and this morning I feel myself again. My mind is clear and I'm not jumpy inside. So I guess the answer is just that seroquel is not the answer! I still would like help for the spasm pain, though. Maybe the dr will try something else. I am working on meditation, too, which doesn't have side effects.
March 22, 2011 06:34AM
My ex also did very badly on Seroquel. The neurologist transitioned him from Zyprexa to Seroquel and he became very agitated and was back to multiple anger outbursts a day. He went back to Zyprexa.
March 22, 2011 06:52AM
Alice,

You are right about meditation. It only hs good side effects.

Paula
db
March 22, 2011 01:26PM
Alice your having a hard few days . may I ask is the spasm pain , like a charlie-horse ? db
March 22, 2011 04:26PM
thanks for the comments. I'm feeling much better today, having not taken the seroquel last night, but the old trazadone. My spasms in my calves especially are not as sharp as a charlie horse, but constant, as if my muscles, up and down the back of my legs are tight and can't relax, so they hurt. Even trying to consciously relax them, I can't, though a heating pad seems to release the pain sometimes. the seroquel helped this, but I'm hoping there is another pill that can do it, too, without makng me coocoo and jumpy.
March 22, 2011 09:19PM
Hey Alice, i'm just glad you feel like yourself again. I hope you can get some help for the leg cramps too
db
March 26, 2011 06:48PM
Alice for the last little while , I have been having spasms in my instep when I go to bed . It hurts and I move it this way and that
. Sometimes I message it with my other foot . So far it calms down after a while . But , I obsess a little . and worry what if the pain doesn't go I need help . I know putting up with the pain for a short time is doable , if it went on longer , I don't know how I would deal with it . The word wimpy probably should be inserted for me , just about here . eye rolling smiley db
March 26, 2011 11:11PM
db, that happens to me once in awhile, a fierce pain in my foot. If you have the presence of mind to bend your ankle upward, so your toes move toward your shin, the cramp dissipates quickly. For me. Try it.
db
March 28, 2011 05:03PM
I shall try that , I'll let you know if it works . db
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login