Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

My aunt died

Posted by lizceja 
My aunt died
March 14, 2011 11:34AM
My aunt Mari had HD. She passed Sunday morning. I know she's in a better place.

I barely remember her but why am I hurting? Maybe because I know I'll be there one day. Not sure.

Im not sure if I should tell my mom?

Advice please !
Re: My aunt died
March 14, 2011 11:53AM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Aunt. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
March 14, 2011 07:28PM
So sorry for your loss Liz, as for telling your mom, were they close?
It may be something you'd want to tell her.
Your Aunt Mari was your mom's sister?
Just for myself, I think I'd want to know if my sis had passed, but of course, you are the one who must make that decision.

Take care,

Carla
March 14, 2011 09:44PM
I am sorry for your loss. I didn't tell Teresa bad news after a certain point. I didn't see much good it would do but could see bad news being harmful. That's what I chose anyway.
March 15, 2011 01:49AM
I'm so sorry for your sad news, and how this makes you feel about your own future. Just remember, that day is a very long way away, and may not even happen. You know, i think just the fact that you are wondering if you should tell your mom, tells me that you are concerned about how your mom may cope, or not be able to cope with that. I think if your mom was well she should know, but i think only you know if she is at that point that Eric talked about. The fact that you're asking to me means maybe she is past that point, but i wish you the best wich ever you decide.
March 15, 2011 07:21AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Paula
March 15, 2011 07:45AM
I too am sorry for your loss I'm sure she is at peace.
March 15, 2011 09:15AM
I decided not to tell her anything. Maybe in a couple of months or maybe never. Whats the point. She never saw my aunt and never talked to her. Thanks you guys
March 15, 2011 11:03AM
Sorry for your loss.
eve
March 16, 2011 11:35AM
Sorry to hear of you're hurting. Be kind to yourself. I think you made the right choice to not tell your mom, at least not now.
db
March 19, 2011 12:44PM
I too am sorry for your loss . With my Mom ; I don't tell her sad things . I don't see how it helps her . So, I don't . But my sibling does tell her . I wish she didn't , but she does . db
March 19, 2011 07:34PM
ugh. . so sorry for your loss and subsequent struggle Lizceja. I hope you have some people in your life making sure you take care of yourself as well. Will be thinking of you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login