Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Teresa

Posted by Eric 
Re: Teresa
January 23, 2011 07:39AM
So Sorry to hear this Eric, you and the boys are in my thoughts!
January 23, 2011 12:30PM
Through the years I followed all your stories about Teresa. I've seen the pictures you showed us: she was so beautiful.

Often I read on this site how people struggle with being a carer, or if confronted with HD, as their BF or husbands/wives test positive: can I do it? How should I do it?

My BF has tested positive and I'm facing those same questions.

Through these years you have been an enlightning example that caring for an HD person can be done. And be done in the most graceful way I could not ever have imagined. I have also found enormous strength in the way you handled HD in your family.

What left the biggest impression was the way you interacted with your boys. Having two boys myself (not HD-related) it often brought tears to my eyes.

I know death can often be a relief for all concerned but even so, you and your boys will miss her terribly. Theresa has definitely gone to a better place, but things that are for the good don't always feel that way.

I wish you and your boys strength in these difficult times. I will be thinking of you a lot

Elizabeth
January 23, 2011 03:39PM
Its just so difficult to know what to say....

I have read all the other messages and everyone just want to let you know they understand and feel for you....

I feel....

Sorry for your loss...

Sorry for the grief you and your boys are feeling right now...

Sad that HD can wreck lives for so long....

Empathy in case you have some feelings of relief that the suffering has come to a peaceful end.

(my Mum has now hardly spoken and not eaten for 2 years.. just PEG fed like a zombie and if am truthful right now I actually feel a little envious of the Teresas passing and wish my Mum could have some peace it tears me apart watching her obvious discomfort)

Yes thats what I would like to say... if you feel any relief dont feel guilty as im sure this is ok....

Your wife must have been a lovely person to have ended up with a husband as honest, strong and caring as you...

Lorraine x
January 23, 2011 04:32PM
Eric,

Praying for your family in this loss. Hope you fill Gods arms around you to bring you comfort.

Sara
January 23, 2011 04:32PM
Eric,

Praying for your family in this loss. Hope you fill Gods arms around you to bring you comfort.

Sara
Luz
January 23, 2011 04:38PM
Dear Eric,

I'm so sorry for your loss... you and your sons are in my thoughts.

Luz.
January 23, 2011 07:05PM
Eric,

My heart goes out to you and your boys. You have walked with T to the end of the path with grace and loving dignity...she is resting now. God bless you for sharing her with us, and her for sharing you.

So sorry for your loss.

Carla
January 23, 2011 07:10PM
I am so sorry Eric and am thinking of and praying for you and your sons during this difficult time.
January 23, 2011 07:13PM
I am very sorry for your loss, dear friend.
January 24, 2011 08:11AM
It is hard to find the right words to say...I am sorry for your loss...take care -krista-
January 24, 2011 08:26AM
Thank you all for the condolences, well wishes, thoughts, and prayers. I know when I post mine for someone else, they always seem less than what I would really like to convey. I haven't been on this side of it. I now know if the words don't feel perfect to the poster, the sentiment is perfect to the reader.

The boys are doing well. Jake was eager to get to school and "get it over with" with teachers and people saying sorry and whatever they will say. smiling smiley Zach is doing what needs to be done as well. I had yesterday to relax, as you can't achieve anything much on Sunday, and have my feet under me again. Things have an "off" feeling but that day yesterday helped me figure out which normal things to do and which ones can go for the next week.

Anyway, thanks for the attention... smiling smiley It does feel good.
January 24, 2011 08:41AM
Eric,
So sorry for your loss! Our prayers are with you.
January 24, 2011 09:08AM
Eric,

The first time I posted here you were such a big help you are witty and compassionate. By sharing all of your experiences you've helped so many. You and your boys are in my thoughts and prayers may God Bless you all in this difficult time.
db
January 24, 2011 10:03AM
I'm sorry to hear of Teresa's death . I feel like so many others , how much you and her , helped all of us . Thank you to both of you . Thank You , to your boys for their example of going on with life as well as taking care of Teresa . All of my best thoughts to you and your family . db
January 24, 2011 10:33AM
Eric, You and your family have been in my prayers. Continuing those prayers for continued strength for all of you left behind, and peace for Teresa.

((((HUGS))))
January 24, 2011 10:36AM
Eric,you do good!!!! Everyone here respects you and values your inputs. bob
rj
January 24, 2011 03:05PM
Eric,

So sorry for your loss...You and your boys will be in my prayers

rj
January 24, 2011 07:21PM
Eric- I am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family.
lyn
January 24, 2011 07:41PM
Hi Eric,

HD is hard. You miss them before they pass away and you miss them after they pass away. Hope you remember the happy times.

lyn
January 24, 2011 07:43PM
Eric, what a good update, so glad you were able to relax a bit yesterday, before having to get some things done. You really are awesome, updating us all so thoughtfully. Glad you're posting smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login