Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Wishes for 2011

Posted by yvonneg 
Wishes for 2011
December 31, 2010 09:03AM
Hi Everyone,
Although I don't post a lot I try and keep up with all the posts.

I remember a few years ago there was a post that asked for peoples wish list for the following year and it was very moving and heartfelt,

My daughter Laura is in the final stages and cannot walk or talk and has no facial expressions at all now, so my wish for 2011 is that I have the strength to be strong enough to help my beloved daughter as best I can on this final heartbreaking stage of her JHD journey.

I also wish that my son comes home safe from Afganistan.

And I know I'm being greedy but I also wish that a cure for HD is found and no-one else has to suffer.

Take Care everyone,

Yvonneg
Re: Wishes for 2011
December 31, 2010 12:15PM
I am kinda not thinking in terms of a year right now, but "happy new day" is working for me. So far so good smiling smiley .. but to you Yvonne and everyone ... have a happy New Year! Hope your son does well and is home soon. Laura... I hope she is comfortable and content.
December 31, 2010 12:30PM
December 31, 2010 03:46PM
I am among the fortunate ones and have much to be thankful for now and in the future. My heart goes out to Eric and Yvonne.

Eleven is a lucky number. May next year be the one when we can really say we're beating the disease with effective treatments and possibly a cure.

Will
December 31, 2010 07:35PM
My wish for 2011 is that i continue to not hang on to what was, but to continue to move forward, and to continue to make Dan proud of me...wishing you all the best in 2011

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 07:36PM by Barb.
December 31, 2010 07:46PM
My wish is not only for a cure for HD, but for happiness for my family.
December 31, 2010 11:01PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
December 31, 2010 11:25PM
January 01, 2011 07:28AM
My heart goes out to Yvonne and Eric. Happy New Year to All.
January 01, 2011 11:08AM
I hope you all have a wonderful New Year - day at a time!

My prayers go out to all who are struggling and suffering. I pray each
day a cure will be found - what a celebration we will have.
I am also thankful for what has been found in the way of continuing research and medications that are helpful that weren't there a few years prior. The future looks promising with all that is happening.

I also thank each and everyone of you for being there for me and all of us. Life would be so much more difficiult without all of you.

I am very blessed with my family and friends (which includes all of you)
Sharon
January 01, 2011 02:51PM
Happy New Year everyone.

My wish for the new year is: to Live with a sense that I am traveling this road with my sons and I will stay committed and strong, loving and kind. To forgive myself when I fall short. To nurture my marriage, because my husband is my rock.

I wish a moment of peace to all of us who are here. Where ever you are in your journey with HD a moment of peace is a gift.

God bless.

Carla
January 02, 2011 08:16AM
I wish as a carer for my JHD daughter's sake, that I also have the strength to deal with what is ahead.It is not an easy path to walk.I also wish strength for all the carer's on this board.
January 02, 2011 05:13PM
Happy New Year to everyone here! I hope the science continues to progress as quickly as possible!!! The bits and pieces of progress and good news are a source of great hope... I hope all those suffering from HD - parents, spouses, caregivers, and HD+ have a good 2011 and find peace and joy in their lives.
January 03, 2011 01:05PM
Happy New Year !!
January 03, 2011 01:59PM
Ditto. Happy New Day to Eric. Great thoughts from Barb about moving forward. Yvonne what a great attitude you have with everything going on; I didn't know you had a son overseas too. ((HUGS)))

2010 was a very mixed year for me, started bad with my own testing + husband losing his job that same month, but got better as it went on (10th wedding anniversary/vow-renewal, rewarding volunteer projects, husband finding & liking a new job...).

Wishing EVERYONE the best for 2011.
January 07, 2011 02:10AM
Hello and Happy New Year/Day/Moment to all. . . My wish is totally selfish. . . but I allow myself that only on this board. I wish I could be the person I was before I discovered this wretched disease. I had always bounced back from everything. . sometimes it took time, sometimes not. After the discovery (which answered a lot of questions for my family at the same time), I found myself completely overwhelmed with this huge sense of grief,that I could not shake. I have done everything from regular massage, acupuncture, therapy, etc. Part of me just died and never came back. I miss feeling good, without strings attatched.

Anyhow, I am grateful ( hard to tell, I know smiling smiley ) for many other things, most of all you guys here, who have undoubtedly saved me in ways I can't even begin to recount. And probably moreso than my above wish, I wish that you all could (or will or are) experience peace, and contentment. These moments are hard to come by- Carla is absolutely right- a moment of peace is a gift and I wish you all many moments now and always. . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login