Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Cohort study

Posted by Shar 
Cohort study
December 23, 2010 08:16AM
A COE wants my husband who has HD to be part of the Cohort study. They also want me to participate as his family member.

I am just curious - how can my participation as an active participant help in a HD study? I can understand where a sibling or child of a HD
person could help but just wondering how my being an acutal part of the study would help.
Re: Cohort study
December 23, 2010 08:48AM
They need totally non-affected people as "controls" to compare them to affected people.
December 23, 2010 12:11PM
My wife is a control for me in COHORT at Wake Forest. A spuse is a good control because we eat the same food, breathe the same air, drink the same water, etc. The only difference is the HD gene. I have it and she doesn't.

Will
db
December 25, 2010 07:18PM
Coffee and computer Will , I would say your wife has a little extra stress , it is her side-kick...smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileydb
December 26, 2010 09:40AM
That's cute, db... (smile)
December 26, 2010 09:54AM
Heehee. She's good at handling me. This is the second marriage for both of us. We're past 25 years now. She arrived at our marriage with her own tool box that was better equipped than mine. Such a woman is not to be trifled with. :-)

Will
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login