Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

What's wrong with this picture??? lol smiling smiley

Posted by Barb 
What's wrong with this picture??? lol smiling smiley
September 19, 2010 08:54PM
Ok, so what's wrong with this picture??? Ok, so i have hd, and my husband has??????? I have no idea what he has lol, i think he has husbanditus! This is like, ok today, a typical day! rgggggg
Ok, so we're driving down the road. I say we should stop and the store, and i'll run in and get bread, we're out of bread. Dan says good plan! Ok, so i say, i think some fried ground beef would be nice, with some rice, we havent had beef in a long time, that would be kinda nice. So i get the grunt from him lol, that means he heard what i said lol. Then i say, well ok, we're out of brown rice, and i'm kinda tired of brown rice anyways, so i'll pick up some white rice to go with the ground beef, ok, another grunt...so far so good! lol Ok, so we get to the store, he says what are you buying again, i say some bread and some white rice. He says, ok, get the bread that we always get. So i go inside, the bread we always get was out of whole wheat bread, so i get two loaves of white, and i get my white rice LOL. So i get out to the car, tell him they were out of whole wheat, so i got two loaves of white. Well why didnt you get another brand of bread in whole wheat??? I'm like, cus you told me to get the brand of bread we always get! He's like, well anyone could have figured that one out. I say, well then, guess you should have come in too then. So then we get home, and he looks in the bag, and he says, what the heck did you buy white rice for!??? I'm like, uhm, duh, because i said i wanted white rice. So he reaches into the cupboard, and pulls down several bags of white rice, and says, see dummy, we have white rice!!!! I'm like, but i told you in the car that i wanted white rice, and you didnt say that we had some at home!!! He's like, you never said you wanted white rice, you just said you wanted rice, so i figured you meant brown rice! I'm like, no, i said i wanted white rice, because i was tired of brown rice, and i want to make it with ground beef! So i say, and where's the ground beef in the freezer. He's like, we don't have any ground beef, i thought you were going to buy some! I'm like no, you told me two days ago that we have some ground beef in the freezer! He says, no, i said we have ground turkey!!! lol And i'm like well what should i make for supper then??? He's like, what do you want to cook for, i thought we were just having leftovers tonight!!! I'm like, leftovers! I'm like, well why did i buy the rice then??? He's like, i dunno, it was your idea!!! LOL LOL LOL And i'm thinking, what the hell is wrong with this picture???? lol And this is a typical day with us!!!! LOL LOL
jsr
Re: What's wrong with this picture??? lol smiling smiley
September 19, 2010 09:04PM
Ha! Sounds like my wife and me
September 19, 2010 09:18PM
you must have husbanditus too! LOL LOL smiling smiley
jsr
September 19, 2010 10:23PM
No, she has wifitus
September 20, 2010 01:58AM
HA! typical guy- paying no attention to anything 'we' say. . smiling smiley My guy says, "Well I don't know. . you say so much. I can't keep track". . (for the record. . for the last year and a half, he works 8a-4p while I work 3p-11p- I mean, how much can I be saying?). So then I say, , "Fine. .I'll never talk again". . and will proceed to speak much less. .to which he says, "WHY aren't you talking? . . What's wrong? " Alice Cooper sang it best. . "Only women bleed". . . smiling smiley (just kidding guys) Hope he gets over his case of husbanditis quickly. . hahaha. .
September 20, 2010 02:13AM
Well for 33 years he was what i thought was normal LOL, and only last few months he's gotten this husbanditus thing, so maybe he's just getting normal now???? LOL Or we're both getting old, but man, i'm sure not used to this smiling smiley Maybe we're finally getting that venus mars thing going on lol, but i think i'd like it better if we were both just on the same planet smiling smiley Too funny carell smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2010 02:15AM by Barb.
September 20, 2010 08:56AM
Very funny and SO typical - no offense to the gents out therewinking smiley
September 20, 2010 09:19AM
Have you reread what you typed? After 30 years of stopping for a loaf of bread, which takes a dollar and two minutes but turning into 6 different decisions... one really wonders why we stop listening? Can ya just get out.. get the darn bread and get back in the car already?????? You say we don't listen.... we do. What you don't like is we don't catalog every word because we know after a half hr discussion of listening to the pros and cons of pale yellow, pale pale yellow, and eggshell paint, the room ends up blue! "I was sort of in a blue mood"... smiling smiley WHAT! Now how much brain space are we supposed to waste on yellow? Especially when we don't care! All three yellows are fine... even blue is fine... as long as you are happy. But these decisions are not ours... we want the color that doesn't distract of from the tv screen... that's 99% of all colors that are fine... smiling smiley you know we hate pink... we trust you won't pick day-glo purple. We know after we listen for a half an hour... pointing at one of the yellows... the one thing that is certain... it won't ever ever be the yellow we picked. EVER! EEEEEEVER!!!!!!!!

Nor will getting a loaf of bread be getting a loaf of bread. grinning smiley That would be toooo easy! No hiding behind HD on this one... sorry.

We know why you go over all this with us most of the time... so you can hear for yourself what you are thinking out loud.. because your mind is tooo noisy... or you want to rule out a choice because we listened and picked one. If you deviate from these two reasons we don't know what hell you want... grinning smiley Sometime we get confused.. and actually think you are listening back... and that's our fault... smiling smiley Dan thought for sure that you knew brand meant wheat. He wasn't going to be tasting the wrapper that says Sara Lee.. smiling smiley But his fault for not getting that a loaf of bread was a simple matter.

So you are right.. it's all his fault... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2010 02:10PM by Eric.
September 20, 2010 02:01PM
ha hah ha
September 20, 2010 03:06PM
hahahahaha no this isnt an hd thing LOL im the one that tries to tune him out. i already told him what we need at the store, but when we get to the store, he's like, what are you getting. i know what im getting, just give me the money! but noooooo, has to drag it into a 15 min debate on what i should or shouldnt get, this is why, whenever possible, i run into the store quick on my own, cus god forbid he should come in with me it turns into a nightmare! ok, how many times since his heart attack, has he read the labels on deli meat, and knows he cant eat it, but, every time he comes in with me, we have to spend at least an hour, just in the frigin deli section!!! LOL smiling smiley Why, just so he can re-read all those labels that he just read the week before, hoping to find that the labels have changed since the last time he spent an hour reading them. Sorry LOL im the one that wants the conversations to be short sweet, and get it over with, hes the one that drags every decison through the mud 10 times over! Hey that's it, he's got wifeitus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL And i'm normal?????????????????? LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiling smiley
September 21, 2010 09:16PM
I agree

In our house, I say all my husband hears is Charlie Brown's teacher. You know that "wa-wa-wa-wa-wa" noise. It doesn't seem to matter what I say.
September 29, 2010 03:59PM
I have the same problem, I believe the male species has evolved to hear only what they want to hear. Typical!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login