Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

A questions about the HDAC Forum.

Posted by Brett T 
A questions about the HDAC Forum.
September 04, 2010 09:23AM
Does this board have a moderator? ( I am not saying I think this would be a good idea, I just want to know if there is such a person or not ). I know there is some confusion out there about this.

-Brett T
Re: A questions about the HDAC Forum.
September 04, 2010 11:24AM
yes
September 04, 2010 12:56PM
Yes. I am here several times a day. If things are going South on a thread, I tell Steve. I don't feel comfortable moderating a thread I've participated in. He's even deleted a post or two of mine! Of course, I don't hesitate to delete spam or posts with name calling and profanity since those are clear cut violations.

We really, really try not to delete posts because we believe in free speech.
September 04, 2010 07:32PM
Good answer Dusty.
September 04, 2010 08:27PM
Why is that, Eric?

-Brett T
September 04, 2010 08:43PM
"Are there moderators?"... "yes". Simple, concise, and to the point just like the question. Worked for me. It ended confusion. I think the thread could be moderated back to Dusty's answer and closed.
September 04, 2010 08:49PM
Isnt it obvious steve and marsha run the forum? lol
September 04, 2010 08:57PM
I kind of feel the person asking the question would be better equipped to determine how well it was answered; considering it was their question.

-Brett T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2010 08:59PM by Brett T.
September 04, 2010 09:06PM
That would be so if there was any other correct answer... but there is only one correct answer to "is there a moderator?"... "yes" I would say if someone answered "no" that would be incorrect and a terrible answer. It was a yes/no question... it was a good answer. Ends confusion ... you aren't still confused are you?
September 04, 2010 09:28PM
A little by your interest in not wanting to see this topic elaborated on. From what I can tell you have never been a fan of short answers.

-Brett T
September 04, 2010 09:40PM
well feel free to PM me about your confusion ... i liked one short answer... Dusty's.
September 04, 2010 10:12PM
No.
September 04, 2010 10:17PM
September 04, 2010 10:39PM
maybe lol
September 05, 2010 02:27AM
marsha and stevei,

i love that you rarely get involved in our posts except to clarify basic issues that pertain to you as admin or moderator, or to discuss hd from your professional standpoint, and to leave the 'occasional' helpful and caring observation or salutation...no agenda, no coloring the waters with your personal opinions...

in the interest of full disclosure... who exactly is involved with the website, again?
September 05, 2010 07:15AM
Steve Ireland and Marsha Marsha Miller the the only two owners and moderators editors and everything else of the HDAC/HDLighthouse. And since you asked only Steve and Marsha, it was obviously disclosed.. Yes?
September 05, 2010 09:42AM
I think they're like benevolent dictators, which is a good thing. :-)

Will
September 05, 2010 10:01AM
Eric,

I will tell you what, you decide what are good answers and questions on the threads you originate, and I will do the same on mine. Your behavior here has forced me to quote the late, great Jackie Gleason, in the Honeymooners, by saying, "I'll thank you for no suggestions."

-Brett T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2010 10:06AM by Brett T.
September 05, 2010 10:39AM
Is there a hidden agenda here? I mean, wouldn't it be obvious if there were other moderators? Uh, they'd say so and uh moderate.
September 05, 2010 10:42AM
Eric answers questions on HD here, accurately and consistently. So does Barb. You have an edge of hostility which there is a lot of in some people now and which has led to me not posting, and feeling like my knowledge was useless. If you want to pick a fight with Eric, that is unfair. If you would like to learn something about HD, look at my own record, I'm 20 years older than you with a CAG of 47. I do aquatics for Movement Disorders and play the piano. When I was your age I had a deaf child whom I taught to speak and I had a book published by AG Bell.
You first role as a person with HD is to be nice to Everyone. My generation of PHD's smiles at people to replace the mou which my mother had. My second piece of advice is to see the dentist twice as often.
You could say thank you to everyone here who has come together with information to help you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2010 10:47AM by dustyblues.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.