Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

My husband's results

Posted by jodie3134 
My husband's results
August 06, 2010 10:41AM
We recieved the results for my hubby's test today and thank the lord... it was negative. Our genetisist called us this morning and gave the good news over the phone (even though she said she wouldn't). I am so thankful that she did... I don't think I would have been able to walk into the appt.

We found out at the end of March that my father in law has HD (with no other known family history). These past few months have been a fog for us. We have 3 little ones at home and all I could think was the worst. I have read every HD article on the web, read every post in this forum and pretty much obsessed over it. About 3 months ago... my husband started moving at night. Leg kicks and twitches every night during sleep. While I didn't see any other signs, this has really made me worry. Now I can attribute it to stress.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have helped me through Private Messages and posts. This is a wonderful forum full of caring people. You are all so strong. While I probably will take a break from my slight obsession of this board, I will check in from time to time as we are full steam ahead with helping my father in law through this.
Re: My husband's results
August 06, 2010 11:32AM
Wonderful news!
August 06, 2010 12:25PM
I am SO happy for you and him and your family!
Thanks for sharing the great news.
August 06, 2010 12:33PM
That is so wonderfu.

Stacy-NJ
Luz
August 06, 2010 03:19PM
Great news!!! I'm so glad your husband and children will be spared from HD and never have to worry about it again. Enjoy!

Luz.
August 06, 2010 03:30PM
Very good smiling smiley
August 06, 2010 04:46PM
Good deal... my advice.. take a very long vacation from here.. smiling smiley Go have some participation on the chapter level for us when you get your feet back under you. And pitch in with FIL when ya can.. smiling smiley
August 06, 2010 07:56PM
Always makes me smile to hear this great news! Congrats to all of you!
August 07, 2010 03:47AM
Congratulations. What wonderful news.

I hope your father in law gets lots of support and best wishes to him in his fight.
August 07, 2010 07:06AM
Wonderful news!
August 08, 2010 02:24PM
Yay, another happy ending!
August 10, 2010 09:04PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Fantastic news! Thanks for posting - it is wonderful to see some happy news on here!
eve
August 10, 2010 09:44PM
Congrats!
August 11, 2010 01:51PM
I'm so happy for your family!

Patty
db
August 12, 2010 07:16PM
RoseRose That is really great news . So happy for you and your hubby . db
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login