Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Please fill out the HDSA survey

Posted by Marsha 
Please fill out the HDSA survey
May 23, 2010 12:08PM
Below is a cover letter and link to a survey from the Vice Chair of the HDSA board of directors. It was posted on Thursday (much to my surprise). I know it's very limited but it's the ONLY opportunity that we HD families are being given to have any input at all into strategic planning so I think we should fill it out and submit it. It's better than nothing.
------------

To: The HD Community - Patients, Caregivers, Those at-risk,
Family, Friends, Social Workers & Medical Personnel

Fr: Don Barr, Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee
Louise Vetter, Chief Executive Officer

RE: Strategic Planning Update & Survey --

Please participate by June 2

As many of you know, recently the Board of Trustees for the Huntington?s Disease Society of America (HDSA) began a Strategic Planning process which was kicked off officially in March. The goal of the process is to identify the long-term strategic goals that will define and grow the Society?s ability to accomplish its mission: to improve the lives of people with HD and their families.

In the last year, we have made a renewed commitment to communication and transparency. We have been listening to your suggestions and visions for HDSA and as we engage formal strategic planning, we are very interested in your feedback regarding our activities in our four mission areas ? Family Services (aka Care), Research (aka Cure), Advocacy and Education.

Please take a few moments between now and Wednesday, June 2nd to participate in the following online survey [www.surveymonkey.com] to provide your personal perspective on which programs by the Society you consider the highest priority or most important. In each of the four mission areas, you?ll be asked to rank each program from highest to lowest. Additionally, at the end of the survey we?ve provided space for your personal comments on potential new strategies for the Society.

The results of this survey will be used by the Strategic Planning Committee, chaired by Don Barr, Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees, to inform their development of our organization?s long-term directions.

All participation in the survey is anonymous and it is limited to one response per participant. We encourage you to share this survey broadly with your HD community and family so that we can secure the maximum participation and therefore the most representative results. For those who may not have home computers, please encourage them to visit their local library to use community internet access. Everyone?s feedback is important.

Thank you in advance for participating in this survey and for caring enough to help us shape the future of our Society. We appreciate your dedication and commitment and look forward to touching more lives through the important work of HDSA.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2010 12:27PM by Marsha.
Re: Please fill out the HDSA survey
May 23, 2010 02:15PM
done.
May 23, 2010 03:00PM
Done. I liked the way it quickly linked to the survey. Also, the survey was completely user friendly and anonymous.
May 23, 2010 10:43PM
PLEASE people fill in your comments! be brutal if you feel that way and be nice if you feel that way also... put in suggestions.
May 24, 2010 07:30AM
Easy and quick to do.
May 24, 2010 08:37AM
Keep going, folks. It is important that the Board see that we want input.
May 24, 2010 10:26AM
did it
May 24, 2010 05:14PM
Thank you!!!

If you haven't done it yet, now would be a good time.
May 24, 2010 08:28PM
I took the survey. It was fine as far as it went, but not really detailed. Do I want doctors education more than webinars? Depends... two webinar a year compared to what education? Or weekly webinars? Really it's not nearly as comprehensive as I would have wanted if I was planning. However maybe enough responses will actually wake the board up to needs as well as potential interest in the HDSA.
May 25, 2010 12:40PM
Thanks to all you replied. If you haven't done it yet, please do so.
May 25, 2010 12:50PM
The hsc had a similar survey a few weeks ago. I thought it was a good idea, and at the4 end there was a comment section, and i made sure i filled out the comment section too.
May 25, 2010 01:36PM
Me too. Some of the questions were more difficult to rank things than others, but hopefully they get some good feedback.
May 25, 2010 03:41PM
Done after the first e-mail I received.

Will
May 25, 2010 06:19PM
done
May 27, 2010 12:12AM
Done. Miss you guys. All is well here. -Tracie
May 27, 2010 12:32AM
Steve and I filled out ours
May 27, 2010 07:37AM
Done (with first post)
May 30, 2010 07:19PM
Miss you too, Tracie T!

Okay, everyone, last call!!! If you haven't filled it out, please do so before it's gone. And write comments.

Thanks to everyone who participated.
May 30, 2010 07:47PM
did it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login